What's new

Bomberman 64 and The Second Attack

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I am not asking for roms, but, i'd like to know the difference.

Is there a difference between Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64 The Second Attack? Thanks.

Clements

Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack is a full-blown sequel to Bomberman 64, and has a better multiplayer, and is the best Bomberman for the N64.

I do not believe this game was released in Europe. Glide64 + eVoodoo runs the game perfectly by the way.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Again, I am not asking for any.

Were there any rom releases for it? Because I want to make sure it was ported as a rom so I can find it.

The truth is, I searched for it, but, all I find is Bomberman 64.

I just want to make sure it was made as a rom so I know I can find it.

Clements

You can be sure that any N64 game released has been dumped. Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack has been dumped along with 1668 other games.

Check GoodN64 in future to check if a rom has been dumped (it is almost certain).

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Okay, thanks for the help, I also found Bomberman the Second Attack :)

One other thing. I have played bomberman 64 before, and, I never gained enough for the costumes, but, I need to find it, I know its around my house somewhere. But, how do you select an earned costume in battle?

I have tried setting my buttons and everything I can think of. How do you select battle costumes in Bomberman64? Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
There's an option in BM64's menus, which lets you select your custom parts for your Bomberman... from there you can save your custom costume to memory card. When you're actually in multiplayer, and setting up characters, the game will auto-detect if you have a memory card with Custom data on it, and give you a selector for it.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
A selector? All I have is a menu that say's "Custom Bomberman" fitted to the screen. That is when you go to multiplayer that is.

And are you using an emulator? Because if so, I would really like to know how you did it. Thanks.

Clements

It's harder because Jabo's doesn't emulate the selector on the Custom Bomberman screen. On the screen, once you have set up your bomberman, go out of custom bomberman screen and go back in. Press down three times and press A. You'll be prompted to save the Custom Bomberman to the memory card (this is also messed up) but select yes.

Finally go into battle mode and select the purple custom bit and press right and your custom bomberman is displayed.

(I had to work this out with my real Game pak to find this stuff out!)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Dark said:
A selector? All I have is a menu that say's "Custom Bomberman" fitted to the screen. That is when you go to multiplayer that is.

And are you using an emulator? Because if so, I would really like to know how you did it. Thanks.

See also Clements's post.

I don't even have the game's ROM, only the cartridge...

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I tried it and I still don't get anything. I even saved the data and nothing happens when I press right.

Clements

You likely didn't save the Custom Bomberman to the memory pack.

You need to "highlight" the "copy from game pack" option (you need to guess because the cursor isn't visible) and select yes. That's what I meant with the press down three times thing. You should see the following bit in the screenshot, and THEN you can press right at the custom text to get the custom bomberman in battle mode.