What's new

Blue Screen of Death on Windows XP

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Hey guys,

I have windows xp sp1, and it was working just fine yesterday and this morning. But now suddenly,at certain times, it gives me the blue screen of death which says:

A problem has been detected and windows is now being shut down to prevent damage to your computer:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

blah blah blah

Technical Info:

Stop: 0x000000D1
ainu58x.sys - Address EE4EECDD base at EE4EA000 Datestamp 3ED70990

So far, it has given me this screen when I try to run Internet Explorer (which prevents me from updating anything), when I add multiple songs to my playlist on shareaza, and when I try to run Antivir (but not Norton). I'm assuming it has something to do with drivers, but I dont know what drivers. If anyone has any idea please let me know. Thanks.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Trotterwatch said:
Big guess based on limited Google results - do you use a Wireless Lan card?

was about to say that myself, i'd recommend checking for new drivers if you have one

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Actually, yes, I am on a wireless LAN. There is no card though, it's just a little blue thing that plugs into my USB port. So does it have something to do with the Wireless LAN then?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Gamer123 said:
Actually, yes, I am on a wireless LAN. There is no card though, it's just a little blue thing that plugs into my USB port. So does it have something to do with the Wireless LAN then?

Sounds like a Bluetooth adapter.

Knuckles

most of the time it's driver related, update drivers and if it does it again, contact the manufactuer and send your problem.

I already had problems with my Cable modem on the USB port, blue screen when playing online after a while (Midtown Madness 2 :p)

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Ok, I figured it out. If you decide to get a wireless LAN and you have XP make sure you get Linksys and not Blitzz. Linksys's drivers are more compatible with XP. Thanks guys.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Gamer123 said:
Ok, I figured it out. If you decide to get a wireless LAN and you have XP, make sure you get Linksys instead of Blitzz. Blitzz's drivers aren't XP certified, Linksys's are. Thanks guys.

please do not post 3 times in a row...

anyway, i'm glad you figured it out :)

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Trotterwatch said:
Actually he did, I deleted the other 2.

Not unless the message board got unresponsive then thus ended up clicking the post submit button more than once. LOL. That's happened to me before. Ended up getting an internet related error message then next thing you know, three posts or more of the same thing! Oops.