What's new

bloom shader effect

NeoNight

hey that looks nice! do a shot of zelda with that un cel-shading looking shader! and with that bloom shader... and with shots of conkers bad fur day too!

Shpongled

News Junkie
*sigh*

WildNinji said:
Could you please attach smaller (in KB) files next time? Us on 56k have big trubles downloading some many big files.

BTW these screens are impressive!

Six minutes later, still downloading the screenshots. 26.4kbps! I will bookmark it, close my chat program, and try again. :paperbag:

[edit: Shpongled gives up trying to load the pictures, hits [STOP] and just reads the comments.]

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
A quote from the creator:

If you want to tone it down a bit, just change line 207 from:
ADD result.color, back, blur;
to:
MAD result.color, blur, 0.75, back;

That will drop the effect by 25%

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Those OoT shots were taken at full bloom; I've toned it down to 0.40 since then since CBFD is impossible with it at 100%, or even 50%.. the cel-shading one makes OoT look all black-ish, doesn't look good at all, along with mostof the other smartshaders. Motion blur and outline are quite cool though..

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

cooliscool said:
Yes, they only work with ATi cards supporting PS2.0 (9500+).

SubCog: What drivers/Plugin/videocard are you running? It keeps crashing my PC with Cat 4.12/Rice's OGL PixelShader on my 9600XT 128MB..

If you have it, try running Ati Tray Tool (if you don't have it, you should!!) in the background - for some reason I was getting spontaneous reboots with smartshaders enabled, and the Tray tool running seemed to stop the reboots and allow the shader to work, dunno why.

Also make sure you're enabling the shader with the smartshader enable tool version *2* - the original was for cat's under 4.3, v2 is for cat's over 4.3.

MorpheusEternal

Subcog - maybe it's the shader reacting to a border that's already there (eg, Beetle Adv Racing has big borders on my machine. Maybe the cel shader would do that to them too?).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
MorpheusEternal said:
If you have it, try running Ati Tray Tool (if you don't have it, you should!!) in the background - for some reason I was getting spontaneous reboots with smartshaders enabled, and the Tray tool running seemed to stop the reboots and allow the shader to work, dunno why.

Also make sure you're enabling the shader with the smartshader enable tool version *2* - the original was for cat's under 4.3, v2 is for cat's over 4.3.

Uhh.. look up. I already fixed my problem..

OP
S

SubCog

nope. smartshaders are ATI only. Although they're really just a software feature. If they ever become popular, I'm sure nvidia will release support for their own similar feature.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
SubCog said:
nope. smartshaders are ATI only. Although they're really just a software feature. If they ever become popular, I'm sure nvidia will release support for their own similar feature.
Hope in near future, because all of these pics look great!
But if Nvidia would support it, my old crappy gfx card wouldn't support it att al, but who cares, a lot other ones could use this feature!