What's new

Blank Screen in Zelda: OoT

Atrus of Dni

I've had this problem for several months now, and I've done everything I can think of.

In the Deku Tree, after you do the 2 3 1 bit on those leaf fellows (I'm bad with names, hehe.), and you go into the room with the spider boss: Queen someone.

Anyway, when the player walks in, the screen fades out soon to be followed by the audio and then the entire thing freezes. I've tried Wireframe Rasterization, all the Forcing option, and all the graphics / audion plugins availible from this site.

I thought I'd finally ask if anyone has this sort of trouble and is there anyway around it? Or should I just give up again until the next set of emulators are released?

Thanks!

PS: The exact same thing also happens in 1964 and Nemu64. I'm using a file simply named Zelda.v64, but Project64 calls it "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)"

---

I don't think this is necessary, but my computer is a 1.8ghz, 256mb ram, 64MB DDR GeForce3 Ti200.

returno

obvious question

I hate to ask obvious questions, but since you didn't say...

Did you check the ROM to see if it is corrupted?

http://www.smiff.clara.net/articles/managing_roms.htm

OP
Atrus of Dni

Atrus of Dni

Eh... oops...

Eeeh... yes, it was corrupted. I finished downloading another one yesterday just on a whim, and found that the old one was registering as 225bit and was only 24mb large... :blush:

Sorry to bother you... ^_^

*grumbles under his breath: "An entire year of waiting for new emulator releases and it was the bloody ROM the whole flaming time!"*