What's new

bios

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
There isn't a bios (right now?) because every game has it's own starting mechanism and that means emus don't need a bios to start a game.
A PSX for example always use its bios to boot a game, but the GC and all cartridge consoles uses the games itself to boot. Any question?

OP
ScOr_311

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
MasterPhW said:
There isn't a bios (right now?) because every game has it's own starting mechanism and that means emus don't need a bios to start a game.
A PSX for example always use its bios to boot a game, but the GC and all cartridge consoles uses the games itself to boot. Any question?

OK, but there is a bios in the GC, no?
I know Dolphin don't use the GC bios for boot the game, but if somebody extract the bios to is own PC, what's happening if he test it with Dolphin.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
It's called the ipl bootrom, the little cube you see when you switch your NGC on with no disc inserted. I haven't tested it on Dolphin Teaser but Dolwin can run it. Please do not ask for this file, not in a PM either. It is illegal to share this file and i have backed up my own. Do not ask how to do this either.

OP
ScOr_311

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
Nick_kidid0 said:
It's called the ipl bootrom, the little cube you see when you switch your NGC on with no disc inserted. I haven't tested it on Dolphin Teaser but Dolwin can run it. Please do not ask for this file, not in a PM either. It is illegal to share this file and i have backed up my own. Do not ask how to do this either.

Any Shots?