What's new

Biography Thread

schibo

Emulator Developer
The main forum will be normally for moderators. You will mainly see patches and important info here. I'd like to use this particular thread so we can introduce ourselves. Of course, you don't have to post a bio if you don't want to.

schibo:

Hi all. I'm 29 years old and I live in Connecticut. My most recent full-time job was as a mail courier. Since then, I've held odd jobs--occasionally now I fill in as a computer lab assistant at a local university. My most recent hands-on work experience in IT was with United Parcel Service Research and Development. With UPS R&D I worked in Visual Basic developing software for the validation of MaxiCode, which is the square bar code on the top-left of UPS shipping labels. I was hired by UPS as an intern while I went to school at the University of New Haven. Later I was rehired as a contractor. Unfortunately, the UPS facility moved south to Maryland and New Jersey which effectively ended that career.

In March of 1999, as a hobby I started a software project tentatively called "1964". This wasn't meant to be the project's final name, but the name stuck, so that's that. The most rewarding parts of my project have been the online friendships I've gained over the years with individuals who shared with me the same interests in emulation, and all the knowledge that we've shared.

Before I enrolled at University of Phoenix Online degree program, I was a student at the University of New Haven in the Computer Science and Engineering program. My goal has been to land a job as an application developer. Given the difficult job market and my ambition to learn more about this field, I have decided to continue my education with a degree in information technology. I am in my 12th online class at UoP with 8 to go, and will graduate in October of 2004. I'm looking forward to it!

For recreation I enjoy tennis and jogging. A few years ago, you couldn't get me off of a tennis court, and you might say that I had promise to go far.. What kept me back was my mental game. As a sport of individual achievement, it challenges your will, determination, and confidence. As a young kid, competition proved to be a tough struggle mentally. I wasn't as bad as John McEnroe with the attitude problem, but pretty close :).

I like alternative rock, grunge..that whole scene that started up somewhere in Seattle in the early 90's. I also like some classic rock--RUSH being my favorite band. If my avatar still shows an owl, that's from the second RUSH album from sometime in the early 70's called "Fly by Night". Over the years, RUSH has put out about 20 albumns.

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Karth
Nathan

I'm 24 years old, and I spend most of my time playing politics at my desk job. I work for an ISP doing Quality Assurance. I'm the guy who listens to those calls when you hear "Your call may be recorded for Quality Assurance or Training purposes". I enjoy mocking the people taking the phone calls, and feeling sorry for the people who are calling.

I've been married for almost 5 years now to my wife Ellie. I'm currently finishing my AA, and have an AS in Micro Computer Support.

I'm a computer geek, but I have no experience writing software. I would like to, but I haven't had the time to really learn. My other hobbies include bike riding and swimming.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Hi all

LazerTag:
Real name - Mark
Location - Sunset Hills, Missouri (just on the edge of St. Louis)

I am 31 years old last I checked. I am married to my beautiful wife Laura, 13 years this November. We have two great boys, Taylor (7) and Morgan (4).

I work for a local software company which creates a product for the health care industry. It allows hospitals and others to convert all pre-printed forms into an electronic format. From there our software also allows the forms to be autofilled based on data delivered to us through each companies individual systems (Meditech, C/S, HBOC Star, AS400, Data General, MIPS, etc..). MY main job is an installer/technician for said company or you can use my cool title "Senior Systems Consultant". :)

I like riding bikes, exercise, my family and friends, movies and music (mostly mainstream now, but I still dig all that rock 50's and up and 80's hairbands Poison, Dokken, Firehouse, Kiss, etc.... and so on)

Finally I know this is my first post since the start of the BETA and hope to start reporting and helping very soon. I am mainly available through the week myself, weekends = no time for anything. hehe

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Hey.

Greevy:
Location - Quebec, Canada.

I'm 19 years old, from Quebec, french at 100% and proud of it!
Currently CEGEP is my main priority, which I think is the equivalent of college in the United States. (Not sure though).

I am currently unemployed and I hope to find a job within some weeks.

My hobbies include music, body building (new hobby since 2 months, quite fun), computers, emulation and some other things I can't remember.

Actually, emulation is fascinating to me. I have been following everything that has been going in the emulation scene since 1997 (!).
The thing that really got me into it tho was the UltraHLE release, which got me on Efnet, to get flamed by asstards like _64bit_ (Sunset anyone?) because my written english was quite bad at the time.

That looks like it.

oooinpit

oooinpit
Steve
Pittsburgh PA USA

Work construction, 33 years old, live with GF (no kids, never married thank god), have been messing with computers since Aquarius by Intellivision days (and still havent learned much).

Hobbies: Anything to avoid doing more work then I have to do allready

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
---Sayargh---

Hi, i'm Scott (Obvisously), I've been into emulation since I was about 15 years old, the first ever emulator i've ever used is Genecyst, I didn't know what an emulator was when I tried it... I was absolutely astonished that I could play my genesis/megadrive games on my pc, i couldn't believe it, ever since i've been a keen emulation fan and I get really excited to see any emulation project news, that or a picture of a nice fe... oh never mind!

As a hobby.. well, recently i've been dabbling in Macromedia Flash MX, created some flash movies and interactive menus, I've become rather good at it. otherwise it would be emulation or gaming, watching movies... eating.. sleeping wait the last two things are a nessicity not a hobby, curse you god... wait a minute I thought this was a biography?!

Ah yes, well i might as well mention that I have a NC in Computing and Information technology, NC stands for National Certificate over here. I was at college for a year and haven't had a real job since I got that, yep i'm not proud of it but i'm young... and wreckless!

I have a twisted/sick sense of humor, for an example I thought the excorsist was funny... how odd :p

I think you already know too much about me so I think i'll leave it at that!

jemmille

my quick bio:

I was introduced to computers in the early 80's when I was 4 or 5, (I'm 23 now), and have been hooked every since. Programming has never struck my fancy and I found that out for sure when I majored in CS at Indiana University for 3 years.

I now live in Michigan with my fiance, three kids, and am finishing up my Education degree at Eastern Michigan. My fiance is working on her Masters degree at the University of Michgan so she can buy me a Porsche :)

I have been "emulating" since the early days of NES emulation and I can't stop. When I'm not on the computer I'm playing with my kids or cleaning the house.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Name: Ernesto Villarroel better known as NeTo or Villapancho
Location: In far far away galax... ehrm Chile, at south extreme point of the word

A PC fan since as far as i have memory, i actually could get hands on a pc quite lately. Before I used to spend the whole day porgraming Basic in my atari, while the rest of the kids played soccer in the park next door. When the PC came in, qBasic was the entertaiment. We made challenges with a friend to see who could make a better program, and we kept that way until i got hands on Visual Basic 4, in my school. A long time of virus and trojans started, well and one or another program for the school.

Since i have moved from Ecuador to Chile two and a half years ago, i decided to make more professional appealing stuff (like the NeTo Game Profiler FX), but time hasn't been on my side. University (studying electronic eng.) is top priority. Also i'm in the process of learning C, to see if someday in the mid future i could help the emu community with more than testing.

I have also used emus since long, but just recently i could get to use n64 emulators. That was around march, when i joined the first forum i got interested in (guess what fourm was...). Since now, reading post, replying asking stuff here has become like an addiction. And along with that, i can get to practice my ecuatorian english :)

Well, and as Alexa999 would put it, after two days gone "notice i'm baaack!", to test as 1964 as much as i can. See ya all!

mojo

Nick: mojo
I'm currently studying overseas at Australia. After finishing CCNP of Cisco, my parents sent me to Australia for uni. Here, I work as a net consultant for Vixtro company. I've spent much time with network gear, and with studying and ofcourse with..my girl friend. English is just my 2nd language so it's a good chance for me to practice English at Australia. 1 years later, I met my future girl friend at Dean Bussiness Department and I helped her on her assignment about eCommerce and we're..going out together. That's all!

bryantonline

Old School 1964
Name: Only Schibo will know!

Hello everyone. I am another factory worker that makes little to nothing compared to the company I work for. I have been working with computers since age 11. My first PC was a Tandy 1000 SX, and we had a Tandy 1000 LX after that. My computers are all built by me. I have been fascinated with emulation since the early SNES emulators. I have a sense of humor, although sometimes a sick sense, but hey, a sick sense of humor is better than none. Ask my wife... Haha.. But, I am not giving you her email. I have a baby, she is amost 2 now, and I spend all of my free time with emulation, gaming, or my child.. I had shoulder surgery recently, and have PLENTY of time to spend with 1964. Let's make this thing work Schibo!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
RJARRRPCGP:

(the state where the cows moo and the nation where I have to worry about overkill copyright laws)

I'm 22 years old. I have been using PCs since 1994. I remembered back in 1994, the year when the internet was new and didn't know anything about domain names. I used to work on some DOS PCs in 1996, 1997 and 1998. I also remembered wanting to tweak some PCs that were not mine in a facility and ended up tweaking the autoexec.bat and config.sys
files on some corporate PCs when staff didn't know exactly what I was dong, but were not worried about me messing up a PC. :D

Now, since 2003, I have been enjoying my PC and discovering new P2P
networking software. I also have been setting up a test web site for my server. Believe it or not, is running under a narrowband internet connection. It of course has a dynamic IP address, but No-IP.com will help me with that limitation. I had never owned a PC until at least 1996
and my first PC was an old 286 with only 640KB of RAM, but had a 100 MB hard disk drive, which was all accessable, because of a drive overlay, DrivePro which was already installed on the MBR of the 100 MB hard disk drive.

In 2001, major changes definitely occurred, I wanted to
do Nintendo 64 emulation for the first time! Next, a brand new emulator called Project64 was released! Then, because even Super Mario 64 and Harvest Moon 64 were still slow on my PC, before June, 2001 the time I
ended up getting a PC upgrade, a K6-2 450 Mhz processor with a Soyo SY-5EMA+ motherboard. In June, 2001, I decided to get an Athlon T-bird 900 Mhz and a Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard, all other parts at the time were the same as with my K6-2 PC set up. Also, in December, 2001, I was majorly happy to see that Project64 1.4 was released.
With Project64 1.4, Perfect Dark finally was supported, thus I downloaded the Perfect Dark ROM. I also was majorly happy to see that The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time's GFX were even better than with Jabo's GFX 1.3, including the lens flare effects for the first time!

In 2002, I was majorly happy when Project64 1.5 was released.
I was happy I saw major GFX improvements with Jabo's GFX 1.5,
including the menus and HUD GFX no longer messed up and no artifacts.

On March 23, 2003, I was majorly happy here in Vermont to see that Nemu 0.8 was finally released!

In July, 2003, was majorly happy to get a PC upgrade never done before.
I ended up building my newest PC.

But one major thing, I'm a major PC geek, but haven't started writing software yet. I'm required to learn C++ and want to know how to program in C++.

The first emulator I used was Nesticle. The second was ZSNES,
because my friend from Rochester, NY has been using ZSNES for SNES emulation at a school I was at and finally left that school on November 11, 2002.

In 2001, because I wanted to play GoldenEye 007 on my PC, I wanted to get the GoldenEye 007 ROM and a Nintendo 64 emulator that would work properly with the game. :D

I remembered Nintendo 64 emulators used to majorly suck. Almost every game was "GFX errors, GFX errors" or "Intro then crash".

Don't you remember those days, which included back in early 2001? :D

I learned alot from those times ^.

I'm currently single and I'm unemployed. :plain:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Malcolm:

Hi everyone!

You'll have probably seen me around EmuTalk doing moderator type stuff. I have been following emulation for about 5 years. My first experience with emulators was when my NES and SNES got broken in a horrible falling-down-the-stairs-in-a-box accident.

Like most others I got into N64 emulation when ultraULE came into existence and then I got a dual voodoo 2 setup going in my PII Celeron box :)

I joined up with Emulation64 about 2 years ago and I randomly post news there.

My newest project is going to be a technology extension to Emulation64 on my vhost (http://malcolm.emulation64.com). I plan on writing hardware/software reviews, computer guides (programming, hardware/software installation, etc), how-to's on network setup and anything else I feel like doing one day ;)

Now to the personal info:

I'm a 19-year-old (20 in December) currently studying computer sciences (Computer and Network Support Technician) at Humber College (North) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I started at the beginning of this year (2003) and I should be done my program in mid-May 2004.

That's about it.

Last edited: