What's new

BIG problems and small one with Zelda OoT

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Clements said:
As for the Kernel32 problem, that could be absolutely anything from an incorectly installed driver, Windows update or a virus. It's not normal for this to happen.

But It happens when i try to open the menu in-game, i can't understand.
First, I see a bugged menu (like the screenshot) then it crash with Kernal32 error. :plain:

Anyway I've tried to use Hacktarux's wrapper but it said that my video card doesn't support it.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The Kernel problem may occur because you are probably using Windows ME and there is not a specific solution (other than the installation of Windows 2000/XP).
Updating the drivers of your video card may help you fix some of the GFX problems and make Hacktarux's wrapper work.
Together with Glide64 there are two "Glide64.ini" files, you should try both of them (place them in the plugins directory of the emulator).

Jykro

Graphics problem...

I believe I have the latest version of "Project 64" (Got it from "Edgeemu.com" just yestarday.). And I also just got "Zelda 64". The game comes up fine, moves at the speed it is meant to be at, sound and music quality is great.

But some parts, mainly the floor, don't show up right. They are not invisible, but most of the floor (Mainly the grass part from what I seen) is all black. This also makes the hearts hard to see, they are transparant.

This is a new computer and everything is mostly up to date (still looking around for the motherboard driver.), I think the problem is the plugin for graphics that I'm using. I have two plugins (Don't have the names mesmorized, so I'll have to check that later.):

RGB HAL (When I use this one, I get perfect quality with the graphics and can see anything, but the game runs REALLY slow, around 5 FPS.)

Jabo's Direct3D6 (Don't know what version, came with the emulator I got. This is the one that I use to get the game to move at it's regular speed, but as stated above, the graphics in the floors don't show up.)

I know where the graphics plugins are on "www.pj64.net" are. But just don't know which one would be best for my graphics card (it already has the latest driver, so that's not a problem.)

Specks on the video card I'm using:
Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420

Latest driver date:
7/12/04

Driver version:

I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you for your time!

Jykro

Thanks Doomulation!

That did the trick, still have some graphical problems, but this is a big improvement! Thank you!

gandalf

Member ready to help
Oh man,i have the same chipset/video card (sis 630),but with an AMD Duron 700 mhz,and i get better results,more FPS and regular graphics.Recomendation: download the latest drivers for the sis 630 from download.sis.com .Install them and run DXdiag before installing

chriskreep

i am having i problem with zelda O.O.T. on project 64 1.5. When i am in the dodongo cavern right before i get the bomb bag it says "I need to add more code in Generate Section Linkage 'cause this is going to cause an exception" and the only option is to click OK, it does this every time. I am running an athlon xp 2200 at 2 ghz 512 of pc 2100 ddr and a nvidia gforce fx 5600 video card. any suggestions? :plain: