What's new

Big Nintendo Annoucement

Sukh

Long gone...
Well, there are rumours that Nintendo are planning a BIG announcement this Christmas that could boost GC sales significantly... anyone hazard a guess to what it could be????

Currently we have...

*Nintendo Purchases Namco
*Pokémon Online
*Dragon Quest 8 A GC Exclusive

OP
S

Sukh

Long gone...
Nah ren, Nintendo blanked them last time Microsoft offered $Billions for Nintendo... hah

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Jesse said:
I'm not an XBox or PS2 fanboy, but so far the games on Gamecube dont really do it for me.

Here here. When GC first came out, I really wanted one, the main reason being for Super Monkey Ball. But then, typical Nintendo, a few good games were released, but nothing that you physically need a GC for (until now, with the recent release of Mario). Granted, it's because of Mario that I now really want a GC again. But I have to ask myself what will be waiting for me when the Mario Sunshining has faded? There's always Zelda, I hear you all cry. But as a personal opinion, I hate all Zelda games, and so that's nothing to keep me interested. Sure, there's always Super Monkey Ball 2 to look forward to - but still, the big N aren't really selling me a GC very convincingly.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Jaz said:
There's always Zelda, I hear you all cry. But as a personal opinion, I hate all Zelda games, and so that's nothing to keep me interested.
:thumbsup:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
i bought one for the beans... pretty cool too :)

meh, why not :) [/B]

I hate to tell you this sy....now how do I say this....

The GC doesnt come with beans, im sorry you had to hear this way:D

OP
S

Sukh

Long gone...
dunno what you're talking about vamp, but mine came with a tin of Heinz Baked Beans ! J00 got ripped off vamp, ask for your beans now!

crhylove

Banned
nintendo will continue to own the hand held sector.

someone will finish cxbx, and everyone will go out and buy computers with dvd burners.

nothing to see here, move on now.

who likes a console anyway? the only cool thing about ANY console in my mind is that one day it might get EMULATED!

w00t. /me loves emulation.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
crhylove said:
nintendo will continue to own the hand held sector.

someone will finish cxbx, and everyone will go out and buy computers with dvd burners.

nothing to see here, move on now.

who likes a console anyway? the only cool thing about ANY console in my mind is that one day it might get EMULATED!

w00t. /me loves emulation.

Thats pretty much the way im seeing things. Xbox will probably be the last good console before PCs take over the gaming market, they have slowly but surely been doing so. Once PCs are convenient enough (only a matter of time), they will replace consoles entirely.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Sorry... XBox became good when exactly? Did I miss something? ;)
The M$/Nintendo story goes thus; Nintendo humoured Microsoft and granted them a meeting. When Yamauchi-san realised M$ were actually serious, the talks stopped immediately. Yes, in reality Nintendo HAD thought it was some kind of joke.
That evil Yamauchi-san knew his stuff alright... maybe even he laughed at that one.
Who `likes a console anyway`? I do. In fact, I like several consoles. The DC has some of the highest quality games such as Virtua Tennis, Shenmue 1+2, Sega Bass Fishing, PSO, Ferrari and the good two Crazy Taxi games. The N64 hosted several genre-redefining games and several of the "best-game(s)-ever" as exclusives. Goldeneye just doesnt work well without the N64 pad. None of the games do - part of the console design is part of the games. The Saturn had some great games such as VF2. Heck, even the PS had Ridge Racer (NeGcon mmm) and a few others. I can't help wonder if the remark came from the "hey... emulation = free software" way of things, or piracy as its more commonly known. Unless of course you own a console while claiming to hate them..? See the trap of admitting to either side of that...

As for the big announcement... well I'm puzzling over that one. It *must* be something interesting if Nintendo are talking it up. Can anyone remember the last time Nintendo actually talked ANYTHING up? At all? It's the `something that'll make everyone want a GameCube` part of it that really gets you wondering. Of course December is Zelda time, but that wouldn't be a new announcement or deep down worth the hype since its success is as assured as that of Mario was.
100 Marios? Marionette? Hmm, games are unlikely to be given this level of hype, especially so early on. Some kind of insanely cool add-on? Well, maybe, but again not likely to get this hype. Films on NGC discs? Possible given the recent divx announcement (and their deal with a certain Q manufacturing firm who had that in mind)... though again hardly a world-beating idea. God knows, but it sure has me curious.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Stalkid64 said:
Sorry... XBox became good when exactly? Did I miss something? ;)
The M$/Nintendo story goes thus; Nintendo humoured Microsoft and granted them a meeting. When Yamauchi-san realised M$ were actually serious, the talks stopped immediately. Yes, in reality Nintendo HAD thought it was some kind of joke.
That evil Yamauchi-san knew his stuff alright... maybe even he laughed at that one.
Who `likes a console anyway`? I do. In fact, I like several consoles. The DC has some of the highest quality games such as Virtua Tennis, Shenmue 1+2, Sega Bass Fishing, PSO, Ferrari and the good two Crazy Taxi games. The N64 hosted several genre-redefining games and several of the "best-game(s)-ever" as exclusives. Goldeneye just doesnt work well without the N64 pad. None of the games do - part of the console design is part of the games. The Saturn had some great games such as VF2. Heck, even the PS had Ridge Racer (NeGcon mmm) and a few others. I can't help wonder if the remark came from the "hey... emulation = free software" way of things, or piracy as its more commonly known. Unless of course you own a console while claiming to hate them..? See the trap of admitting to either side of that...

As for the big announcement... well I'm puzzling over that one. It *must* be something interesting if Nintendo are talking it up. Can anyone remember the last time Nintendo actually talked ANYTHING up? At all? It's the `something that'll make everyone want a GameCube` part of it that really gets you wondering. Of course December is Zelda time, but that wouldn't be a new announcement or deep down worth the hype since its success is as assured as that of Mario was.
100 Marios? Marionette? Hmm, games are unlikely to be given this level of hype, especially so early on. Some kind of insanely cool add-on? Well, maybe, but again not likely to get this hype. Films on NGC discs? Possible given the recent divx announcement (and their deal with a certain Q manufacturing firm who had that in mind)... though again hardly a world-beating idea. God knows, but it sure has me curious.

A. Yeah its not great yet, but we are pointing at the direction xbox is going, which happens to be in the opposite direction of the gamecube.

2. goldeneye would be much easier to play with a keyboard/mouse.

C. last console I owned was an snes...

4. The only franchises nintendo owns now are pretty dated, and they haven't shown any motivation to move beyond them.

Eagle said:
aprentice said:
Microsoft buys nintendo?

I was going to say that :p

me three :happy: in fact thats what I was thinking when I first read the topic of this thread.

I don't own an xbox, I dont plan to own one, but I cant help but notice how its going to trash the gc in the end.

Last edited:

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
AlphaWolf said:

4. The only franchises nintendo owns now are pretty dated, and they haven't shown any motivation to move beyond them.

Ummm....Pikmin? Animal Crossing? Animal Leader? Doshin? 1080?

blizz

lol, Microsoft buying Nintendo that would be strange but at the same time you can see it, like Microsoft buying Rare it's obscure but like all good theories it has an element of truth (Nintendo courted the Idea with Microsoft), also the pair have a weird relationship, Microsoft games on the GBA and all ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jaz said:
But then, typical Nintendo, a few good games were released, but nothing that you physically need a GC for (until now, with the recent release of Mario)[/B]
EDIT: Not WTF!

Last edited: