What's new

[big news] HELLO this came out of no where (new console announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

AlphaWolf said:
Right, I missed that one at first, but he is also saying "may eventualy take", when realy "it already has".

I havent come across a reliable source to actually say thast. i mean there was a press release from microsoft saying "yaha! we rule we beat GC" and then came the press release from ninty saying " whhohho we kick ass, we beat xbox" so its all up in the air for the US/UK markets. If you have a reliable unbiased source please share.

oh an concerning the new 'console' i think PA has once again summed it up perfectly.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030122l.gif

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I have several reasons posted on another board that points that this is *fake*.

Well, i dont think its true either, and after taking a look at the homesite, i'm convinced its a fake

WHY PHANTOM IS A FAKE:

REASON ONE
- If they say they have a working prototype ready in march, they should have a REAL photo of the actual console, not some poorly computer-made graphics!

REASON TWO
- What the hell are the chanses of Nintendo, MS and Sony and PC developers to give up all their games and accesories to this unknown company?

REASON THREE
- Microsoft WILL NOT surrender Xbox for this company, neither will Nintendo give up Gamecube or Sony hand over their Playstation 2

REASON FOUR
- What company in the world will have the amount of money to make Microsoft, Nintendo and all other big developement companies in the world third party and make games for the "phantom" ? NOT EVEN MS HAS THAT!
On top of that, "infinium labs" is a SMALL company (which i have never heard of)

REASON FIVE
- Look at this address:
Infinium Labs
5380 Gulf of Mexico
Suite 409

I'm not an american, so i don't know the country well, but is this a real place?? It sounds like a hotel room or something!

REASON SIX
- A quote from their "About Us"
"Infinium Labs Corporation has emerged in 2003 as a leader in the converging Internet, digital entertainment and consumer electronics markets. Working with partners that include some of the biggest brands in the world,"

a leader in the converging Internet, digital entertainment and consumer electronics markets?? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE, AND I DONT THINK MANY HAVE!
And if I had been working with some of the biggest brands in the world, i would have written the aompany name, it would have attracted more people!

My final thought, its BULLSHIT!

*Shrug*

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
More?

I did some detective work, and found out that:

-The company is NOT registered in any company registers

-The Phonenumber is non-exsisting! Try and call it!

-The Adress is also nin-exsisting!

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
pj64er said:
Macca meant that GBA is doing much much better than both gamecube and xbox. which is true. last time i checked GBA is on par with PS2 (if not greater).
Naturally, it's basically competes only against itself, since there aren't any other mainstream handhelds that have the developers support nor the PR that ninty has.
Oh yeah, I'm moving this one to the Gaming forum, where it should've been from the start imho.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
wasn't there supposed to be some OTHER next gen console called Indrema or something based on Linux? anyone herd of that??

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
yea, i too would like to see an unbiased source of sales figures of all consoles worldwide. i believe gc is winning in one continent, and xbox winning another. each company, of course, only states which they are doing well in.

thine_impalor said:
wasn't there supposed to be some OTHER next gen console called Indrema or something based on Linux? anyone herd of that??

yep, that was a long while ago. its death was announced a long time ago too.

Vchat20

yeah. common. if this is a real console, plz change the name to something more original.

Anyway's, I know this is a long shot, but later on im gonna send these 2 links to Microsoft and Sony and Nintendo, and see what they say. maybe they could put more light on this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.