What's new

BGB 1.1 help

vicious796

I have two seperate pokemon roms and use bgb 1.1. How do I link between these two roms to trade? Both are on this computer and I don't know how to link... any help is much appreciated.

smcd

run 2 copies of bgb. load 1 pokemon rom in the 1st and the other pokemon rom in the 2nd. set 1st to link->listen and click OK. set the 2nd to link->connect. if you use the defaults (8765 for listening port and 127.0.0.1 for ip to connect to) it should then say (linked) in the title bar. presto? for more information open the "bgb.html" file and search for the heading "game link:"

EDIT: I'm making a quick video using red/yellow as a demonstration. it will not involve actually trading pokemon but only linking up 2 bgb instances.

You might have to reset the gameboys after loading the game i am not sure...if that doesn't work maybe loading the game first then running link. try out a few ways and see what happens :p

Last edited:

smcd

make sure you have it allow running in the background and from the bgb.html file i referenced you to, it says you can configure joypad 2 to control the 2nd instance over the link...

OP
V

vicious796

I'm sorry, but how do I allow it running in the background? I deselected "game controller works only when in focus" but I still can't control both at the same time and the one I have set for joypad 2 only works with the other joypad controls.

smcd

try remapping joypad 2 to different keys? note: joypad 2 might actually mean joypad 1 since it starts the first joypad as being joypad 0. just a thought, i haven't tried