What's new

Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hello,

Thus far, the private beta rollout to the few testers that we have has not succeeded. This is due, in part, to the fact that my email accounts are not working properly.

Ideally, I would like to setup a private password protected ftp for beta testers. If someone from the emulation64 staff is willing to offer an ftp for this, it would be greatly appreciated, and we can discuss it in more detail.

We also need more people to test 1964--and by that I mean ambitious individualls who would like to make a change, not just someone wanting a handout. If you are one of the many individuals who feels that you're entitled to things such as leaked betas, ROMs and free mp3's just because you're on an internet connection, don't waste our time. I have a history of exposing lamers. Beta testing is extremely important, and we need a good team. I will only choose those that I believe I can trust.

GE Master

schibo said:
Hello,

Thus far, the private beta rollout to the few testers that we have has not succeeded. This is due, in part, to the fact that my email accounts are not working properly.

Ideally, I would like to setup a private password protected ftp for beta testers. If someone from the emulation64 staff is willing to offer an ftp for this, it would be greatly appreciated, and we can discuss it in more detail.

We also need more people to test 1964--and by that I mean ambitious individualls who would like to make a change, not just someone wanting a handout. If you are one of the many individuals who feels that you're entitled to things such as leaked betas, ROMs and free mp3's just because you're on an internet connection, don't waste our time. I have a history of exposing lamers. Beta testing is extremely important, and we need a good team. I will only choose those that I believe I can trust.

I'm pretty serious about emulation myself. I've had a few discussions with Rice about 1964 and the netplay. Beta testing I would be interested in. I wouldn't consider that for any other emu. I just happen to think that yourself and Rice are the best out there. I guess I'd like to know what sort of input there would be from a tester. Time committment is something else I'd be interested in knowing about. Thanks.

JX030389

I honeslty play 1964 0.8.5 atleast 6 hours a day. I'm a serious gamer and would be glad to beta test if possible. Oh and I'm allways home programming and stuff, so I'd allways be there for feedback.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
GE Master said:
Time committment is something else I'd be interested in knowing about. Thanks.

That's an excellent question. Well, we aren't slavedrivers and I think most of us has a life :). After all, we're all just trying to have fun, but I do want to try to prevent beta leaks and actually get productive feedback. Below is a copy of the submission report that I would hope to occasionally see completed by our testers:

====================================

BetaReport.txt

Please use this format each time you submit a list if bugs.

Name:
Date:
1964 Version (from the 1964 Window's Title Bar):

Please specify your system:

Operating System:
Processor (Examples: Intel Pentium III, AMD K6-2):
Processor Speed:
BUS Speed (optional):
Amount of Memory:
Graphics Accelerator Card:
Audio Card:

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem:

How to Make this Problem Happen:

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:

}}}}} Bug#2 {{{{{

Describe the Problem:

How to Make the Problem Happen:

How often does the problem happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:

}}}}} Bug#3 {{{{{

}}}}} Bug#4 {{{{{

...and so on :)

Last edited:
OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Btw,

As some of you have already done, please send me a private message for consideration to the beta team. This will make it easier for me to find whose interested rather than searching through all the posted messages.

Thanks!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I'd volunteer, but my PC's going through enough problems as it is. I don't think I'd be able to figure out which bugs are in 1964 and which are my PC's hardware acting up again.

I'll wait for the 0.9.9 public beta/1.0 final release.

scotty

The Great One
Lillymon said:
I'd volunteer, but my PC's going through enough problems as it is. I don't think I'd be able to figure out which bugs are in 1964 and which are my PC's hardware acting up again.

I'll wait for the 0.9.9 public beta/1.0 final release.

I would volunteer, but with University now tying up a lot of my time, it would be hard to go through each and every ROM and play the entire game through, since not all bugs appear immedately. I really WISH that I had time because I have been waiting for ages to use the new 1964,, I think that it is the best emulator out there today.

Alongside of that Ill be getting another computer soon (dont know when) that has a faster processor, and I might get a newer Graphics card along with it (I probably will get a NVidia FX5600, not sure yet)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, scotty. I would love to do it, but school is just taking too much time right now. I could give, maybe, 30 min/day to beta testing, and I honestly don't think that is enough. Maybe schibo considers otherwise.

If it weren't for the time issue, I would absolutely love to do it. I especially want to help test out the new sound plugin.

Oh, well. :/

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
I have the same problems as you two. I wouldn't be able to dedicate myself so that's why I didn't volunteer. I could give maybe an hour or so to testing but that's about it.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Well Schibo I am happy to test it out - got quite a bit of free time at the moment, what about plugin config. Is there something specific your looking for. Also I have an old PC with voodoo3 so if you need it tested with Glide too I can help.
PM or mail me if you need help
Cheers

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Yeah, I built a brand new PC back on July 1, 2003 and managed to already test it for Nintendo 64 emulation and guess what:

No crashes when running Banjo Kazooie for at least 5 hours. :)

Boy god, I was worrying that my PC would crash when running Project64
to test my new PC for stability.

Also, I was able to run Prime95 for at least two hours without any crashes and/or errors. :)

Last edited:

SyTEST

i am candidate

Hello,
i want to be a beta testeur for 1964

sorry for my english but i am a french :D

Remote

I can run Prime95 for a week, but I rather not. :p It's good to see that a lot of people are showing interest, good start for a kick ass release. :D I'm a little tempted myself but I don't have the time atm and the list seems long enough..

Trotterwatch

The main qualities that someone would need (as I see it) are:

Being trustworthy - can someone be trusted, to actually beta test properly, and not leak the beta

Can the person distinguish between a user error, and an application error

There are of course many other factors involved, but by and large Betas usually have to be controlled quite strictly, so they are relevant and to minimize the risks of a leak.

I would also like to direct any readers of this thread, to the post Schibo made yesterday stating that more than enough people had applied for the moment:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=16144

I believe that is still relevant, though I am not 100% sure.

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Hey Joel, I can beta test if you still need beta testers.

I have much free time this session in college and well, I'm offering you my help.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you my eMail adress, MSN (if you have it) and everything needed to get appropriate and reliable ways to talk to each other.

Later,
Greevy.

decayde_cell

schibo said:
Hello, I'd be happy to help you beta test 1964.
At the moment it's the school holidays, so I'll have lots of time to test this beta version of 1964. If you'd like me to help, just give me an email and everything else that you need to send me.

Ok to help
decayde_cell

:1964:

Kahenraz

Trotterwatch said:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=16144

No more beta tester applications for the moment.

Oh nO!! Don't tell me I missed the beta apps! Don't forget about Kahenraz!!

:bunny: :bunny:
1964_new_anim.gif
:bunny: :bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.