What's new

Beta Question, (NOT BEGGING FOR THE BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotterwatch

You are welcome to your opinion, that being an open beta would be more productive than a closed sourced one. The thing is, at the end of the day the only people that matter are the authors (seeing as this is a project that isn't being charged for).

They will release a version when they are happy with it - I suppose pride is a factor in not releasing something you believe isn't an example of your best work.

Personally, I wouldn't see any reason in releasing a Beta if it didn't work well and I wasn't planning on working on it anymore ... this is usually what happens with early emulators.

Does anyone know if they're still working on the WhineCube? ... or any other GC emu? ... i think everyone else gave up.

jareg

Just A Guy
SoberAnalyst said:
Personally, I wouldn't see any reason in releasing a Beta if it didn't work well and I wasn't planning on working on it anymore ... this is usually what happens with early emulators.

Does anyone know if they're still working on the WhineCube? ... or any other GC emu? ... i think everyone else gave up.

Everyone else gave up :huh:
Believe me they are still working on it

JinXD

SoberAnalyst said:
Pessimism won't get you anywhere, just be patient. I'm sure we are all going to be pleasantly surprised!! ;)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
I'd say one thing people don't generally seem to understand is that the term "beta" is often "work in progress", and should be appreciated for what it is... work in progress!

If everyone lined up outside Da Vinci's doorstep, and constantly knocked on the door in the hope he would reveal a half-complete work and open himself to criticism, where would his masterpieces be today? :)

Knuckles

There are still annoying bugs on the Beta, not everything is fixed, a part of the GUI isn't working, some things are crashing the emu. The release will be when they will have time and will to fix those things.

DinnerSonic

I kinda wish the beta was out, but that's just because I know Four Swords Adventures works on it and I have been wanting to take graphics from the game because I got the gcm for that without knowing that there was no current support. But I am not begging for it, besides, it's possible that someone here knows the format for Gamecube 2D graphics and I would have no need for the emulator other then for play(unless Four Sword's music is supported, I loved it)

ViperK8B

Gamecube Fanatic
The reason i think its not an open beta is b/c its more organized, with 2-3 people and also its from people that u can trust b/c.........well you choose them urself, based on things that they can do to help you develop the emulator further, Instead of just people who say why isent it out yet b/c they just wanna play there games. (and im not saying thats the reason ur asking) :icecream:

francesco74

Vile324 said:
Have any information that it would be more compatible? Pokemon Colosseum doesn't work in the beta and it works in the teaser. Just because it's the 'Beta' doesn't mean it works better.

Ok, the betatesing isn't open, But I want to do the betatester. I'm serious. I haven't possibility, right?

i wouldn't count on being a beta tester, francesco

i wonder how many people have downloaded Dolphin ... or how many people download it every day. i bet there are emulators out there that (because they suck) their production time outnumbers their usage in total hours. makes you think.

i'm not saying Dolphin sucks, don't read between the lines

JinXD

francesco74 said:
Ok, the betatesing isn't open, But I want to do the betatester. I'm serious. I haven't possibility, right?
vampireuk sig:
francesco74 said:
I needn't your help azimer, I posted with education and I require educate reply. vampiresuck you are sure a scapegrace; I leave you to swim in your soap...
Yeah I'm sure they want you as a Betatester! :happy:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I really donnu why SoberAnalyst don't understand what we are all talking!?!
Hello? They don't want to release the beta, because there are a lot (and I mean a lot) of (more) failures, which need to be fixed.
And what do you want with the currently beta? I think every week or so comes a new version, every time they fixed a annoying bug or get a new game working... so every week a new release?
And if the beta is released, most people would complain, because its buggy, there a a lot of compatiblity/speed decreases or something else and you, SoberAnalyst, would be the first I think.
Wait please, for the next release, let the devs do their thing and let them release their emu if they are thinking it's ready for release.

That's why dolphin and dolwin were a long time anonym and nobody (only some persons) knew who is working oon a NGC emu and what is working...
Be happy, that they releases a teaser, you can (really) play TWO (2 or zwei, or deux or...) games... that's more the most emus can play of a GC. And a lot of games reach (very slowly) ingame, so what's the prob!?!? :(

jareg

Just A Guy
MasterPhW_DX said:
I really donnu why SoberAnalyst don't understand what we are all talking!?!
Hello? They don't want to release the beta, because there are a lot (and I mean a lot) of (more) failures, which need to be fixed.
And what do you want with the currently beta? I think every week or so comes a new version, every time they fixed a annoying bug or get a new game working... so every week a new release?
And if the beta is released, most people would complain, because its buggy, there a a lot of compatiblity/speed decreases or something else and you, SoberAnalyst, would be the first I think.
Wait please, for the next release, let the devs do their thing and let them release their emu if they are thinking it's ready for release.

That's why dolphin and dolwin were a long time anonym and nobody (only some persons) knew who is working oon a NGC emu and what is working...
Be happy, that they releases a teaser, you can (really) play TWO (2 or zwei, or deux or...) games... that's more the most emus can play of a GC. And a lot of games reach (very slowly) ingame, so what's the prob!?!? :(

I dont think they work on this all the time (Dolphin team i mean)
And 1 Beta every week i dont think so

all people do in here are show off teaser pictures and say (it plays the intro and then crashses) ... it's informal ... nobody is complaining or freaking or tripping or flipping.

if everyone but MasterPhW_DX had the beta and were talking about where it was crashing and what was wrong with it and what new games did whatever compaired to the teaser, MasterPhW_DX would be asking for it ... if everyone was upset because it was crashing and buggy, MasterPhW_DX would still want it. if only 1 game worked better, MasterPhW_DX would do anything for it.

jareg

Just A Guy
SoberAnalyst said:
all people do in here are show off teaser pictures and say (it plays the intro and then crashses) ... it's informal ... nobody is complaining or freaking or tripping or flipping.

if everyone but MasterPhW_DX had the beta and were talking about where it was crashing and what was wrong with it and what new games did whatever compaired to the teaser, MasterPhW_DX would be asking for it ... if everyone was upset because it was crashing and buggy, MasterPhW_DX would still want it. if only 1 game worked better, MasterPhW_DX would do anything for it.

Nobody tripping and flipping sure :p You should go look in the Chankast Forum there are many diffrent users that complain why doesnt that work and so on

And what to you no about what MasterPhW_DX wants :huh:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
SoberAnalyst said:

..... Stop complaining. Who cares? I'd rather wait and see a improvement in the majority of games, then have a release every 2 or so weeks with a improvement on 1 or 2 games. Have you not noticed that people have jobs too? They don't get paid for making Dolphin, it's just a frickin' hobby. Ok? Opinions are well and good, but going on and complaining over and over about them isn't going to get it to happen. The team decides when to release it, let's give them time. Scheeh. ¬_¬

Dophin will never be perfect anyway ... so no point in waiting until it's perfect ... if someone is going to complain, they will complain.

what if Dolphin ran half the games very decent ... wouldn't there still be a million things to complain about? ... what if people with Pentium I CPUs have a slow frame-rate? ... they will complain too.

everyone is too worried about the possibility of someone complaining. what if everyone complained because the beta was never released? one might argue that not getting biweekly updates on the status is the #1 thing worth complaining about. what's everyone elses thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.