What's new

Best Virusscanner Finally Found

Josep

eyerun4phun
i don't even have a freak'n virus scanner, although i don't download*cough* stupid shit*cough*;)

L

Lachp30

I like Norton, only I forgot to update and now I have to pay for them or something. So, I uninstalled Norton and put on PC CILLIN.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
i still stand by my first statement ^_^

B*A*G*G said:
man, i dont need no crap antivirus software slowing my system with its lame routine.
you would have to be a pretty big idiot to even be dumb enough to even download a easy as fuc* to detect virus anyhow!

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Alpha what you said is pretty much true, just using common sense will stop you getting a virus. However it can never hurt to have one just for back up:)

tooie

Norton will not stay top dog over the next couple of years .. there is a virus scanner that can find out new viruses before they are ever known by anyalsising the programs behaviour. Granted it is still a couple years away before it is really mainstream.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
No matter what happens, virus scanners will be all but obsolete in a few years. If all PC users move to palladium, there will be no chance of any virii. If all users move to linux, the way the OS is built prevents virii from doing anything, the only way a virus can harm a linux system is if either the user always runs as root, or theres a hole to exploit. If all users move to macs, OSX works the same as linux.

The only reason that virii can even exist in huge numbers right now is because the most common operating systems used today are built around the idea that there is no such thing as harmful code. This will no longer be true in a few years.

Last edited:

tooie

there are virus for linux, it is not imune from viruses. There is just not many cause it is not the most used platform. If new software was never deleveloped, and current software was free of bugs, and if ever user made sure they updated there system all the time, then it might be possible to make virus redundant.

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN............

how many people are updating outlook to protect against virus, how many people can afford to always be upgrading, especially when the machine already does what they want. When are peopel not want to something new. If new things are being developed then there will always be bugs.

There will always be script happy kids, there will always be a need to protect your computer. People will manually execute things them self.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
tooie said:
there are virus for linux

oh? can you name a few whose exploits aren't already closed?

how many people are updating outlook to protect against virus, how many people can afford to always be upgrading, especially when the machine already does what they want. When are peopel not want to something new. If new things are being developed then there will always be bugs.

There will always be script happy kids, there will always be a need to protect your computer. People will manually execute things them self.

So how does this make you need anti-virus software?

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I use the same virus scanner that the British government use. So I guess it's pretty decent. ;)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
get pc-cillin 2002, its the best. It doesn't use as much resource as norton and its very fast with lots of updates

Josep

eyerun4phun
Jaz said:
I use the same virus scanner that the British government use. So I guess it's pretty decent. ;)

the british government you say?

/me knuckles up

well a simple trojan will do for Jaz's computer;) :happy: haha j/k
subseven yes?;) Coming right up:D

i agree completely with b*a*g*g, if your one of those idiots that uses P2P religiously and downloads uncharted exe files for god knows what, then you want a stupid anti-virus program, other than that, i don't put *foreign*(or dumb shit files) shit persay on my computer;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Virus scanning software is only for people that have more than 10 tray icons and 10 quicklaunch icons. In otherwords, people who install every god damn peice of software that has the word "free" written on it.

Vchat20

The only stuff I usually install is Productivity stuff like Microsoft Office Products, Encarta, etc.. and my favorite games (games that I pay for). Also emulator's, I cant forget those.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
AlphaWolf said:
Virus scanning software is only for people that have more than 10 tray icons and 10 quicklaunch icons. In otherwords, people who install every god damn peice of software that has the word "free" written on it.
people like that annoy me.
if you're lame enough to install something like "BonziBuddy" then you're going to need the best virus scanner you can find :D

L

Lachp30

Josep said:
i don't even have a freak'n virus scanner, although i don't download*cough* stupid shit*cough*;)

Geez Josep, you really need something for that cough.:p