What's new

Best Settings For...

iMartin

801DAE8B0002
What do you think the best graphics and audio plugins I should use for Perfect Dark, and Zelda OOT, Major's Mask, etc...

PIII @ 1 GHz, 384 MB RAM, GeForce 4 MX 4000

Chandro

Hi iMartin.

Perfect Dark: Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.1, Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5

Both Zeldas: Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.1, Azimer's HLE v.0.55.1 Alpha.

My system is different than yours but these settings should work for you though I'm not sure what speeds you'll get.

I've attached a list of recommended plugins for most N64 games. I've been using it as a guide in setting up my own. Not sure how up to date it is but it's worked fine so far. Hope it helps. Credit to the author Bighead.

Last edited:
OP
iMartin

iMartin

801DAE8B0002
Hmm..thanks Chandro. But why in games (mainly the Zelda ones) does it take forever to bring up the main menu? (When you press start)

Clements

You can use the subscreen delay cheat to fix that issue (right click game in rom browser, cheat codes, then select the fix), otherwise the Water Temple becomes a pain in the ass when you want to switch boots.

OP
iMartin

iMartin

801DAE8B0002
Clements said:
You can use the subscreen delay cheat to fix that issue (right click game in rom browser, cheat codes, then select the fix), otherwise the Water Temple becomes a pain in the ass when you want to switch boots.

Eh...I don't have a "subscreen delay" cheat? Is there an updated .cht file I should know about?

*whoops...nvm, I found it. :blush:

Ok, the subscreen delay cheat works for Major's Mask and Master's Quest, but not on Zelda: OoT (U) (V1.2) :huh:

Last edited:

sanni

where can I download Azimer's HLE v.0.55.1 Alpha., I dont find it in the Plugin Dowlnloads :bye3:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Look in the plugin forum. There is a thread with the latest azimer + a fix for it.