• ZBattle.net

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • STFU so they can implement

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
best netplay add-on 4 chankast

I know that chankast has alot to go through before doing this.But anyway its best to find the best netplay add-on ever.Choose your destiny?

Mithras

Kaillera

ZBattle.net

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
directx directplay is far easier and better.
dreamcast already hast it, chanka is not making use ot it.

directplay supports chat rooms and loobys .
many micosoft games uses llobbys rooms

Pimp

Banned
Shuyin_DX said:
But is it legal to use it on chankast.

hmmm, its already there, nothing wrong with using it.
the emu uses direct3d 9, i dont know why they dont use directsound and directplay.

OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
Does that mean we can play online already or Im just to stupid to understand.

Pimp

Banned
Shuyin_DX said:
Does that mean we can play online already or Im just to stupid to understand.

not emulated yet, you cannot playonline if it doesnt exist. :term:

japangurl

T-Kimura said:
none of those... direct play like pimp says

I'm astounded by the skewed level of knowledge of emulators in this thread.

Emulation is about logic level simulation of hardware. The hardware is currently being simmulated correctly thus the window ce os and all of its API and libraries are also being emulated. nothing is missing there.

However, if you wanted to play a game like PSO correctly, you would have to emulate the dc's modem or Lan card. because it was a game that made use of this hardware feature.

if you wanted to play a game like MvsC2 -- a game not originally desiged for online play, you will have to go a route simmilar to kaillera/zbattle.net which syncs the screen updates between 2 computers. Technically it would be possible, but the results would be extremely poor. Since this method requires both computers to have consistant framerates, which is not possible at the moment.

also I saw someone suggest using directplay, er that's not possible. Directplay doesn't work like semaphores.

Last edited:

OzTm

I agree, Japangurl.

You guys just don't get it, do you? Those guys have spent soooo much for making this emulator work like it does. There probably isn't any other emulator that is compatible with so many commercial games and which has so many features (good sound in almost every game, and so on) all in its ALPHA STAGE, which also has a fast and great progress. You keep asking for things that may not be available in the final release. Just let the authors continue their great job, ok?