Best N64 Emulator for OSX

Geoz

De Master
Allnatural said:
Sixtyforce I would assume.
If you want speed (i think) Sixtyforce would be a safer bet
Although i think mupen is more compatible than sixtyforce

jdsony

Sixty Force is nice and fast although you can't run fullscreen unlesss you shell out some cash. Poor Mac user's, no one likes to code for free on the Mac.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
SixtyForce is fast but shareware (by my definitions anyway, yours may differ), not very compatible and currently closed source. One previous version was made open source but the only two who changed it was one who tried to pass it off as his own emulator (not good) and another who removed that dumb logo (which the author should've fully expected).

Mupen64 is the other. Although it's pretty slow (thanks to the interpreter core) it's got much higher compatibility and is totally freeware. As for the source, maybe it'll be open in the future?

linemu

Os

Lillymon said:
Mupen64 is the other. Although it's pretty slow (thanks to the interpreter core) it's got much higher compatibility and is totally freeware. As for the source, maybe it'll be open in the future?

Correction, Mupen64 IS open source. I've been compiling it from sources for the past 2 releases. :) You can download the source in the mupen64 section of this forum.