What's new

Best MARIO64 experience?

KaiZas

So, with Sunshine hitting the stores next week (and my imported cube a few days later), I was going to brush off the old mario-skills by playing through the game once more.

Using an emulator, ofcourse.

I have a pretty good system (XP1800+ with GF4), so I want the best damn experience possible.

Which emulator with which plug-in delivers the best Mario64 experience?

(I've got this N64-USB thing with an original see-through controller I bought especially for this.)

Sa... lay it on me!

Get PJ64 and just use the default plugins...
I get really decent frame rates on my comp (specs below) heh so go for it!!! lol...
but I don't think you can go full screen in jabo's D3D 7 plug...
but either way it works and looks awesome with it

except I use Azimer's Audio 0.40 beta 2 and I have my RSP plugin set to send audio lists to the audio plugin and it works absolutely awesome

OP
K

KaiZas

At the moment I'm using the DX7 plug-in and I can go full-screen without problems. I've even got that Quincunx FSAA turned on to smooth the jaggies.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I only use quincunx because i have a slow cpu, but with that system, surely u can go to 4x fsaa and have no fps drop.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
4x is an extra powerful version - no jaggies. quincunx looks almost like 4x but is in between 2x and 4x, i guess you could call it 3x. try it out for yourself. :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u can notice the difference betwen 2x and 4x, but probably in between its pretty hard to distinquish, maybe at high resolutions things are more noticable.

Willow

If you only going to play Mario64 then i suggest that you should try out Corn, the fastest emulator... :)

Somebody know if they are going to work on it anymore?

Stezo2k

S-2K
i recon it plays best on ultra HLE, that emu was built for that game and the Graphics are the best on that game compared to other emus, also its very fast :D

Stez