What's new

best gfx card for chankast

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
that depends, are u getting a new one ??

after reading a few posts else were, some say a ATI, but I'm using a nvidia and its working fine, tho it is a 6800ultra....

depending on what else u are going to be using it for, depends on what card you get, tho if u are, get ether the ATI X600 upwards or the G-force 6600 upwards both are very good once above these two cards and u wont have to upgrade for a while at least, as there's not many games out there that push these cards to sweating point if u have them backed up with a fast CPU like a AMD64 3000+ or P4 3.0+

just remember, there's no point putting a monster card on a slow CPU (1.5ghz and lower) as u will just create a bottle neck of info because the CPU can not process the information fast enough to handle these new cards.

hope that helped, also as the 6600's are quite cheap now may as well go for a 6600GT unless u want to get a 6800ultra :party:

OP
A

amir118

i have athlon64 3ghz but i am gettin shitty speeds in chankast got a ati 9200 arcadevga edition note i am running this in my arcadecab, i want something that will work with my arcade and fast card for chankast and pc for around £50 lol

The_Agent

what game are u trying to run?

i had a slow down issue with Soul Caliber till i under-clocked chankast using the - key on the numeric keypad then ran it in full screen mode

basically it played fine for about 20mins or so then u could sit and watch the FPS drop to about 25 - 30 , since under-clocking chankast to CPU 60 i get a constant FPS of 50 - 60, and if u live anywhere near Northampton there's a shop called PC exchange that do second hand reconditioned 5900ultra's at £50 :p tho id run a benchmark on it when i got it to see if its been overclocked ;)

The_Agent

have u tried overclocking the bios (in chankast not your PC :p ) if u get no improvement in speed then try under-clocking it

to over-clock or underclock the dream cast bios

start chankast, load the game, then on your numeric keypad use the + and - keys to ether under-clock or overclock,

also, althou u have stated your CPU , u have failed to mention what GFX card you have? please tell me u don't own a DELL computer :eek:

iorifan

Kusanagi Clan Killer
I dont know so much.. but having a better graphics card can improve some fps to the emulator????

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
iorifan said:
I dont know so much.. but having a better graphics card can improve some fps to the emulator????
Right now the major factor is CPU power. My crappy GeForce FX5500 with my P4C can usually do VERY well in Chankast.

OP
A

amir118

wellits a custom made pc athlon64 3ghz 512mb ddr400, ati 9200 128mb, my p4 has a ati 9700 pro but when i put my 9700 pro in athlon i got same results i think?

The_Agent

well if your getting the same results when u put your 9700 in with your athlon system, then it sounds like its just a emulation factor and not system setup,

just remember that chankast is not a dream-cast and its just "emulating" what a dream cast can do

so its never going to be 100% perfect

if its really bothering u that much about running it in a arcade case, then just rig your dream-cast up to it, and then all u would need to do is take a old control pad and rework the buttons using some wire a soldering iron and some leaf switches

bonmuno

Hello, I currently have integrated Intel 82915G/GV/910Gl Express chipset (128 shared VRAM), which has no hardware t&l. So I'm planning to get a graphics card that wont break the bank.

Some before said they have a GeForce FX5500, which seems like an option. Does anyone know if ATI Radeon 9250 or Geforce FX 5200 will do the job?

I've got a 3.0Ghz P4 and 512MB RAM

Last edited:

Talbain

Moo.
Pentium M 2.13GHZ Amir.

Also, Intel Extreme graphics chipsets work fine with Chankast, whereas the Intel M graphics card series do not.