What's new

Best Games on 1964

TomC

I use Project 64 almost exclusively. Since 1964 is still a WIP, I was wondering what games you all use with this Emu.

Please post your top games on 1964 listing any plugins or options you use to get the best performance.

Thanks!

Tom C

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
*lol*

You really have "project 1964"???
Wow...where did you get that one from?
Is it a new emu?...
Never heard of it :look: :thumbsup:
:p

zelda

I use 1964 for those games that Project 64 runs slower than tolerable, like Golden Eye 007. I sometimes use it for Zelda Majora's mask as well since in Project 64 it frequently gets stuck at certain locations.??? However, since 1964 cannot render 2D bitmaps as of yet, use Project 64 for games that use 2D bitmaps (e.g.Temple of Time or inside a house) like Zelda: OoT. Also Project 64 is more reliable. In 1964, the Azimer's audio plugin once started giving a very irritating message "Unknown/Unimplemented audio command...." every 2 seconds and I had to play from my previous saves again to that point to remove this error.:angry:

However, 1964 is definetly much faster than Project 64, especially with the new 32-bit option, so you should try it if your PC is close to Project 64's minimum specs for improved speed.:D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
1964 is a very good alternative to pj64. just because it is WIP doesnt mean that it is lesser to pj. I personally consider them to be pretty much equal. Both have good points that makes them very different, yet very good in their own right. Take it from a guy called :pj64:er and try this emu.

for plugins, use all pj64 plugins except sound. for sound use azimer's plugin.

OP
T

TomC

Compliment

Actually, when I said "WIP" I meant it as a compliment. PJ64 is done, per the message board. 1.4 was the final release. 1964 will get better if the devs keep working on it.

Hopefully in the future, either 1964 or Nemu will play games like Resident Evil 2, etc.

Tom C

crhylove

Banned
my favorite roms for 1964 are...

i'd have to say cruisn' world. it plays perfect with 32 bit mode on and is probably fast on even a very below min spec machine.

mario kart is always good.

ridge racer 64 is just a kick ass rom, but not too great in the current 1964 (crashes on impact, sometimes even when u change the transforms)

there were the racing games... let's see now...

mario 64 is just like the greatest game ever made, for it's time, for the console, and for like all ages and sobriety states. it is better in corn though...

puzzle league and dr. mario are some of my fave party games, neither run on any emu that i know of.

i like mortal kombat 4, runs well enough in 1964..

bust a move 2 arcade edition runs REALLY well, would probably run on a pentium mmx!!

1080 snowboarding

beetle adventure racing has some problems, but plays well and is a great game.

wave race is sweet on many emus... and is a sweet looking game.

basically all the best n64 games on the original console are the best games in my opinion, those that 1964 can emu... i can't wait till a gfx plugin can handle pokemon puzzle league. that is seriously one of the greatest games ever made.

that, DSL kailera and netmeeting mean that i can hang with some of my old drinking buddies and play n64 from anywhere.

:devil:

Slougi

AFAIK the only thing that is keeping RE2 from being playable is the vid plugin. And since the PJ64 source was released we may very well see it continued, although emulators are very complex and the source is always best understood by the original author. I would take a look at the source, but i understand nothing of C++ :look: