What's new

Best Emulated Game

Toasty

Sony battery
As in (1) the game that is emulated best, or (2) the best game that can be run on the emulator? Assuming you're talking about emulation only on 1964 (as this is the 1964 forum) I'd say:

1. Super Mario 64
2. Zelda: OOT, followed closely by Zelda: MM

revl8er

That Damn Good
Super Mario 64 is currently emulated perfectly, and is followed closely by Zelda Oracle of Time.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
Mystic Gohan said:
Super Mario 64 is currently emulated perfectly, and is followed closely by Zelda Oracle of Time.

Well, Oracle of time IS well emulated, but not on 1964 :happy:
I guess you meant Ocarina of Time

gandalf

Member ready to help
in super mario 64, the "reset" effect is missing in ALL emulators and plug-ins :D

maybe, anyone emulate the real hard-reset of the N64?

Ocarina of time is perfect emulated.
Cruis´n usa/world too
Banjo-Kazooie
Wave Race 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64, almost with Pj64
Rush2

and a lot more, but with some missing effects of frame buffers, like in mario kart.

Last edited:

jdsony

Wow, I'm gonna shoot myself if I see another "What is the best" thread. I wish people would start making posts asking "What is your favorite game" or "Name your top 10 favorite bands". The world is rarely so black and white where a unanimous decision on the best of anything can be made. Rarely there is a best, there are usually a series of pros and cons that you have to weigh and decide which is more important to you. Is the story in Ocarina of time better than the gameplay of Mario 64? Maybe, maybe not. Is the super fast response time in your LCD better than the colour reproduction in someone elses?

I think it's perfectly valid to find out what other people like and then you can see if there is one or two things coming up a lot and check it out if you haven't already. The best is what you strive for but can rarely attain.

With that said, my favorite emulated games are:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Blast Corps
Probably some more I can't think of right now <- this isn't actually an N64 title

If you are looking for a game that is emulated the best (compatibility wise) you'll probably get a list with Mario 64 and Zelda on it but even that is hard to pinpoint.