What's new

Best config for emulation

DasT

Hi al first post in the forum, i just need help setting up and emulator + plugins on my system heres my config

Pentium 4 2.80 ghz
1gb DDR ram
1 x 80gb HDD
1 x 200gb HDD
Creative audigy LX sound card
ATI Radeon 9600 256mb

i've probably forgot something there, but thats all i can think of, if anyones knows what the best emulator / plugins are then thanks for any help you can give me.

Allnatural

Are you having a problem? Have you tried anything yet?

There is no "best" for any system. Get the latest of everything available (especially the video plugins) and experiment.

xamenus

Looks like you have a pretty good system, so for N64 emulation I'd recommend 1964 or PJ64. Try them both out and see which works best for you.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Test out things! try configuring it yourself! Thats part of the fun of emulation, try 1964 and PJ64 and rce and jabos plugins!

OP
D

DasT

I should have been more specific when i aksed its not generally that i have a problem running games for performance, its that i have a problem with compatibility with my gfx card, the default jabo gfx plugins that come with pj64 seem to not work at all i just get an error message (i can't say what cos i'm at work while i post this) and i can't seem to find an emulator with compatibility that matches PJ64, i'll try different settings and emus asap, but for now if you could give me the name of a few site with recent emus or pluging that would be fine :)

thx for your hlp