What's new

Beat 'em up with more tits and ass than DOA?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
revl8er has caught my point I see...
Also, one must ask: is this game meant for adults or for the mainstream? Will the average gamer buy it if it meant as an adult game? I probably see a no coming, because adult games are just that - adult games, which focuses on the adult part, not the part where you fight.
Which brings us to the point: why can we not get a game where we can fight with FULLY dressed women, so that we will NOT have to stare at nudity?
To be honest with you, I am no intrugued by this, I am annoyed. I don't want to see undressed women in mainstream games.

smcd

Blame mainstream wrestling then. Even on TV the girls are scantily clad. Full clothing is impractical in (real/true) wrestling (both guys and girls) as it restricts movement and can cause injury. I'm not advocating bikini's here just saying that a tshirt and jeans or so wouldn't be very practical an outfit to use in wrestling ;)

Doomulation

The point is, that this is becoming more and more common and this is no expcetion. And let me ask you: do you know of anyone who exposes her full breasts pretty much overing only the nipples as in the screenshot?
That is outrage!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Let's establish a few things here: Rumble Roses doesn't feature nudity. It has have suggestive themes such as revealing clothes. So does Dead or Alive and numerous other mainstream games. Furthermore, just because a game has suggestive themes doesn't automatically make it an adult game nor a bad game.

Case in point: The reasons that made BMX XXX so ungodly shitty were not the suggestive themes and nudity, but the fact that the whole gameplay aspect of it sucked big time. Plus, those nude women and whatnot weren't really part of the game at all (I'm referring to the stripper videos and all the adult fluff).

Yes, I agree that adult games (yes, the ones that have nudity and sexual acts) don't belong in mainstream.

What? No one has scolded Mai Shiranui or Kasumi yet for being to sexy?

*Goes back to play Dead or Alive 2 and admiring the girls' costumes*

Doomulation

Agozer said:
Let's establish a few things here: Rumble Roses doesn't feature nudity. It has have suggestive themes such as revealing clothes. So does Dead or Alive and numerous other mainstream games.
And that's exactly what the complaint is about. Remove the revealing.

Agozer said:
Furthermore, just because a game has suggestive themes doesn't automatically make it an adult game nor a bad game.
No one said so, but I would certainly be more happy if those elements were removed.

Agozer said:

I would think that there is nothing wrong with any person being "sexy." It it totally acceptable to exist both sexy men and women in games to satisfy both genders, but I would draw the line where they start to uncloth them.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I think the only real problem with these type of games is people like jaz fancy them lol. A Cyber Bird fantasy is kind of messed up in my opinion but then again Computer animated game sequences and indeed films have nothing but half - full naked scenes in them too often. Yes its remarkable how just life like they can be, thats great work by the devs. But to actually look at these things and fancy them :unsure: see thats when i would advise you going out into the real world, putting your sun glass's on to protect your dark adjusted eyes, and maybe meeting someone real :p

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Gent said:
I think the only real problem with these type of games is people like jaz fancy them lol.

LOL

Cheers Gent!

And I'm still waiting for my Chilling with Gent interview, btw. ;)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Agozer said:
DOA2 is technical, I tell you. Love it. DOA3+... I don't know about those.

DOA2 has different Counter timing than DOA3 (I honestly can't remember offhand which is more difficult, haven't played either in a long time).. other than that they're pretty close to the same game.

Check with any real hardcore Fighter circles, DOA as a series is generally considered unplayable in tournament settings.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Agozer said:
Let's establish a few things here: Rumble Roses doesn't feature nudity. It has have suggestive themes such as revealing clothes. So does Dead or Alive and numerous other mainstream games. Furthermore, just because a game has suggestive themes doesn't automatically make it an adult game nor a bad game.

Case in point: The reasons that made BMX XXX so ungodly shitty were not the suggestive themes and nudity, but the fact that the whole gameplay aspect of it sucked big time. Plus, those nude women and whatnot weren't really part of the game at all (I'm referring to the stripper videos and all the adult fluff).

Yes, I agree that adult games (yes, the ones that have nudity and sexual acts) don't belong in mainstream.

There is a fine line between revealing and sexy. Women can be sexy without revealing a lot. The only thing I'm getting at is that every female character these days are revealing too much. What about female gamers? And nobody said that just because a game has suggestive themes makes it a bad game, I'm just saying that it's totally unnecessary.