What's new

Banning Iso talk

WhiteX

I believe we should ban talking about downloaded isos, how we get our hands on the games was never discussed here and it is somewaht covered by our rules, however with chankast and other emulators based on cd images (far harder to handle than roms) we found ourselves not only accepting this sort of talk but also helping ppl with their "warez" copies of games, like here...

http://www.emutalk.net/dolphin/30763-compacting-files.html

http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/30754-help-about-iso.html

http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/30717-whats-sub-file.html

http://www.emutalk.net/general-dc-emulation-discussion/30668-i-need-help-writing-image.html

I mean, we are not an winrar forum or a cd burning community, this take time that should be spent helping ppl with problems on their emus or posting debug information to help the developers, so i believe that this kind of thing should be more covered in our rules.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Thank you very much.

EDIT:
Has it passed?
was it ditched?

Last edited:

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Dont be a Nazi WhiteX my boy! Curcumstances might put someone in a situation where they need to unzip an ISO that someone else zipped (i dunno, like an older brother trying to get more space from the hardrive??) or if they made an ISO of a game and the CD got scratched so they need to burn a CD for themself. I think if someone has a question about how to unzip something or how to burn a CD of an ISO then they should get the help they need; sometimes a direct answer from someone in a forum is alot more helpful than google.

I know this is just an Emu forum, but i can handle a noob post on the boards for a couple of days until the question is answered and the post drops down the list.

Chrono... that was the funniest shit i've ever seen in any forum... I laughed my ass off.

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
fyi, the mods decided a while ago on the status quo, and are sticking by that, so, heh, though it is a good point whitex made

xneoangel

Persona User
Hmmm wait a sec if you are my master and at the same time you are his boy then i am ...... oh come on now im confused lol

Dont be a Nazi WhiteX my boy!

Hes a Sith after all. :p

All right now getting serious...

Curcumstances might put someone in a situation where they need to unzip an ISO that someone else zipped (i dunno, like an older brother trying to get more space from the hardrive??) or if they made an ISO of a game and the CD got scratched so they need to burn a CD for themself. I think if someone has a question about how to unzip something or how to burn a CD of an ISO then they should get the help they need; sometimes a direct answer from someone in a forum is alot more helpful than google.

I know this is just an Emu forum, but i can handle a noob post on the boards for a couple of days until the question is answered and the post drops down the list.

Chrono... that was the funniest shit i've ever seen in any forum... I laughed my ass off.

Well you got a point there but id say if someone mentions the word download then we should not help em'

P.S: Highlight the white space between word and then if you wanna see the WORD or if you wanna make your eyes hurt read it without highlighting it. :evil:

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Sith are not Nazi.
What is a Nazi, just a little pile of secrets.
It was not by my hand that i was once again given the Force.
I was brought here by xneoangel post on my CP, who wishes to pay me tribute.
But enough of that, have at you!
Too many Symphony on my nights...and we just got off topic.

For the Isos matter, i guess Xneoangel is right, if the guy is clearly asking for "free candy" we just get him the silent treatment.
Now, where´s that damn whip?

xneoangel

Persona User
Errm i didnt meant that way i meant sith are evil, nazis are evil so they are kinda alike JUST in that aspect.

Anyway yes the wiser solution would be to not help the ppl that clearly says their game is warez, downloaded, etc

And i say this because there is many ppl that likes to make backups of their games (me included) and they add it to a zip or rar.

P.S: why do you need a whip when you can use a lightsaber?

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

you did not recognize those lines, did you?
well i need a whip for private purposes. :devil:

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
Actually over this way in the US "backups" are illegal no matter what.

So it really doesnt matter how you get it. Over here its all the same.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

But we do live in the boundaries of the law with emulation, what i believe we try to do is to regulate ourselves in the best that we can, always mindful that what we do is illegal in some cases, legal in others but most of the time we are at the grey area in between.
i´m tired, see y´all tomorrow.

xneoangel

Persona User
hmmm i thought that if you make a backup of game you own for your own and personal use it wasnt illegal, i guess ill have to do some research.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Hmm, if WhiteX is indeed my 'boy' and he is your master xneoangel... than that makes you... my sister! oh my goodness, what a strange web we weave.

xneoangel

Persona User
Nah not your sister im a man ya hear me! :p
But ... if WhiteX is your boy and he is my master then you are...
my Grandpa. :unsure:

Miretank

Lurking
xneoangel said:
Nah not your sister im a man ya hear me!
But ... if WhiteX is your boy and he is my master then you are...
my Grandpa.
Is good to see the family united. :p
BTW, I agree with WhiteX.
always mindful that what we do is illegal in some cases, legal in others but most of the time we are at the grey area in between.
AFAIK, some countries ALLOW you to backup your game, software, or whatelse-it-is. But a lot of countries condemn this practice, and a lot of people don't know if their country has prohibited or not the backup. That's why we stay at this "grey area".
And lets not confuse "backup your software FOR YOUR USE ONLY, in case of the original breaks" and "PIRACY". The government laws should use this instead of making forbidden the copy for your own.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

tye stik said:
Hmm, if WhiteX is indeed my 'boy' and he is your master xneoangel... than that makes you... my sister! oh my goodness, what a strange web we weave.

If i am your boy and his master, he is my blob.