What's new

Banjo tooie pause screen

deathace

How come whenever I pause in banjo tooie, the whole screen turns black? Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
shader model 3 doesn't matter in this instance. especially if its a lowly card like the 6200... its known for having black texture bugs.... especially the turbo cache model

OP
D

deathace

no seriously, i want someone with actual knowledge of this game to answer me, not someone who's asking me questions back that doesnt even relate to the topic. If you really want to know what my video card is, its a 6800. ANd don't make BS up about the lower end models having problems with black textures, because afaik there is no such issue.

Clements

Works here (Jabo's D3D8 1.6). You may need to change/update your drivers if the framebuffer effect still does not work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, are you using the default graphics plugin (Jabos' Direct3D8) and the latest RDB update?
Also, update your graphics card drivers.

squall_leonhart

deathace said:
no seriously, i want someone with actual knowledge of this game to answer me, not someone who's asking me questions back that doesnt even relate to the topic. If you really want to know what my video card is, its a 6800. ANd don't make BS up about the lower end models having problems with black textures, because afaik there is no such issue.

there are several known issues with the 6200 turbocache models related to texture mapping and rendering.

the game is fine, the plugin is fine

as we have been telling you, its likely your drivers or something to do with your os.

OP
D

deathace

I am using jabo d3d 1.6. Clements, since you're on the same gpu as me, what drivers are you using to get that effect?

squall_leonhart

im using the 91.31's and i dont get a problem... i think clements is using either a set from the forceware 70 or forceware 80 series...

have you updated the rdb to the latest as well? sometimes that can fix things.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

lol, yeah, you get that sometimes.

kinda how the E rom for blastcorps doesn't work properly but the U rom works fine.

glad its fixed.