What's new

Banjo Tooie No Controller

sheupe

I have a problem with Banjo-Tooie. Whenever i start the US Version of the game, it works fine but it says no controller on the start screen. Can someone help me with this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You most likely haven't marked the Player 1 controller as "plugged in" and you also have a bad ROM.

Agozer

If "R4300i_unhandled_opcode" appears anywhere (either in the Rom Browser or during the game) that almost always means a bad ROM. For the record, my copy does not display that nor "Issues (Core)" and it is a verified good dump AFAIK.

Allnatural

If "R4300i_unhandled_opcode" appears anywhere (either in the Rom Browser or during the game) that almost always means a bad ROM. For the record, my copy does not display that nor "Issues (Core)" and it is a verified good dump AFAIK.
Huh?

Notes in the rom browser exist because they're written in the rdb. If the message appears during emulation, then yes, it's probably a bad rom.

Agozer

Project64 or 1964. I personally use Project64, but people say that 1964 is a good alternative; both emulator have their good points and faults.

Agozer

You don't. You "fix" it by deleting it and getting another one - a good one.

Allnatural

How do i make a bad rom work better?
Again, your rom is (probably) fine. The problem is with the emulator itself. Other emulators *might* run the game without issues (I honestly don't know; haven't bothered to play Banjo-Tooie).