What's new

BANJO TOOIE help...new emulation user

sultan316

yeaa im new to n64 emulation. Ive used other emulators but never n64. Im sure this has been asked like a thousand times, but i just dont understand what theyre saying. Everytime i play banjo tooie it freezes after a while and goes really slow on like changing areas in cutscenes. I tried to follow the guide here: http://www.banjotooiefaq.co.uk/faq.html

but i dont understand one word of it and dont know how to do any of it from the start. Can somebody help me out either with the guide or if you know a better way to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Extra info: banjo tooie is only game played on pj64, already configured a controller

A.I.

Banned
Apparently 1964 0.8.5 mupen rsp config is the most stable config for Banjo Tooie.

Here is the guide as simple as i can describe:

1.Download 1964 0.8.5/1964 0.99/Mupen64 0.51

2.Copy Schibos audio 1.2 from 1964 0.99 into 0.8.5 plugin folder.

3.Copy mupen rsp into 1964 0.8.5 folder and change file name to RSP.dll
and delete the original RSP.dll

4.Select Schibos audio 1.2, jabos 1.5, and Nrage (You can use your controller config for any emulator) in change plugins in 1964 0.8.5

5. Dont forget to tick the RSP plugin (Underneath Input in change plugins)

6. Follow all the other tips in the guide like turning off link code block, etc...

That's it. I don't know if it works only for my system but I have found Jabos 1.6 works O.K but turn off anisotropic and antialiasing filtering or else it will crash and untick Super2xsal textures to reduce stuttering and force alpha blending in advanced reduces some glitches. Unfortunately codes will also crash it so you will have to play it without but that will add to the enjoyment and longeitivity of the game, trust me.

Another thing is it to save regularly and I have found that it doesnt like switching programs or many programs running at once so turn off all apps you dont need to avoid crashing.

Oh yeah, Roadsters Trophy and Beetle Adventure Racing work really fast with 1964 0.8.5 mupen rsp config, though you have to use Rice for Beetle Racing Adventure.

Last edited:
OP
S

sultan316

can it work though on project64? I actually somehow played it for about an hour with no crashes or anything. Idk if its gone or if im lucky

A.I.

Banned
can it work though on project64? I actually somehow played it for about an hour with no crashes or anything. Idk if its gone or if im lucky

I say you're very lucky. It's impossible to play on PJ64 without it crashing at some point.

Toasty

Sony battery
I'd say the crashes on PJ64 aren't that big of a deal. I've played for hours at a time before experiencing one (and BT auto-saves, which is VERY handy), but if you want to eliminate core-related crashes, 1964 is the way to go for that particular game.