What's new

Banjo Tooie graphic glitch

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
I have played this game for some time on pj 64 without have any problems. Suddently today the game was afflicted by a graphic glitch: the Banjo shadow. It looks like a big grey square that follows banjo. I know this was a know issue and I've tried the solution on the FAQ without any results. I have reinstalled pj 64 but it seems I can't get rid of that glitch. PLz help me:(

GuestX

Yoshi: wich plugin are you using?
Sayargh: i'd say Jabo d3d7 1.40

jabo's d3d6 1.50 shows me errors in super smash bros;(lighting)
d3d7 1.40 works fine.

Last edited:

Slougi

Heya Yoshi, good to see you are still around :)

Have you installed any new drivers since? Or did it just happen out of the blue. Also please give us some info on your hardware.

OP
Yoshi

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
Yes I've installed the lastest Nvidia drivers 41.09 but they made my system very unstable so I reinstalled old drivers from series 31.82 (not sure of the number).

More system details? ok:

The videocard is s MSI ge-force 3 Ti 200 with 64 MB
with all features (agp and the other stuff) setted for best performances;
The sound card is a Sound Blaster live! Platinum 5.1 and works great exept for a couple of games (Star Fox 64 sound is crippled)

After reinstalling the video drivers for stability issues I haven't got any problems with pj64, until yesterday. Plus I've found that Diddy Kong racing (U) Freeze my system on Stage select screen, this never happened before.

Last thing: all roms are good64 verified.

Slougi

Did you properly uninstall the drivers (ie from the control panel) before installing the new ones?

Last edited: