What's new

Banjo-Tooie: [E], [U], or [A]?

SmashQueen

Okay, I'm new here to emutalk. In fact, I just signed up today, but I have read some posts here before. I don't know if this is the right forum (so many rules for each forum and I want to be careful), but I do want to ask since I haven't been able to find a decent answer.

I have PJ64 and a Banjo-Tooie [!] ROM, but as I have found out, some ROMs can be bad. Now, I'm not savvy on emulators. The most I've done is the basics (had Good64, GoodWindows, verified games, and configured which keys on the board do what). It wasn't until I tried DK64 that I found out that there were bad ROMs, even with very few for a game. I've also heard that Banjo-Tooie messes up horribly on PJ64 on a variety of occasions. I'm just wondering this:

Is there a good ROM of Banjo-Tooie that won't mess up? There's only 3 versions I know of (European, American, and Australia) and I wonder if one of them is less likely to mess up when playing (screwy graphics, etc.)?

Thanks to anyone who replies, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Banjo-Tooie [!] is the verified good dump of the NTSC-U game. Meaning that whatever problems you might have with the game are most likely to do with your computer/graphics hardware not being up to scratch as far as Project64's default plugins go.

Sure, Project64 might be to blame for some problems, but the last time I tried, Banjo-Tooie worked seemingly fine.

Toasty

Sony battery
Just so you know, PJ64 is prone to rare crashes in Banjo-Tooie. The crashes are rare enough that they really aren't that big of an issue, as the game auto-saves, and it just means restarting the emulator and continuing from where you left off. If the crashes bother you, 1964 v0.8.5 (not the most recent version) is presently the best emulator for playing BT.