What's new

Banjo-Tooie: Canary Mary on Cloud Cuckoo too fast!

avengah

I cannot beat Canary Mary on Cloud Cuckoo Land. I cannot even get near - before I get past the blue Mumbo hut, she's so far in front that the race ends. I have tried using N-Rage's plugin but that causes Project64 to crash out, and that's the only one I could find with a rapid fire function, which I think I am going to need to get past this. Alternatively, if anyone knows how I can slow the game down to, say, somewhere between 25% and 50% of full speed, that might help too! Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers,

Matt

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well, i've never had a n-rage plugin crash on me in project64, however, you do not have to do this to complete the game, you really have to mash the pad's buttons fast to beat that bird, its nearly impossible on the real n64 as well, its not an emulation problem.

Btw why not add any further banjo-tooie issues in this thread instead of opening thread after thread on every little issue you have with it, one is enough.

OP
A

avengah

Yeah - but I could do it on the real N64. I'm only playing it on the emulator because I have lent my N64 out. I wonder if the English version was slightly easier, being 50Hz rather than 60Hz?

Do you know of any other input plugins that have a rapid fire function?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
I found out that trying to cheat and having the nRage plugin do autorepeating doesn't work to beat her.

Maybe you can slow her down by adjusting the game's CF?

TheBench

Supposedly if you go slow, then crank it at the end you can win easier, but the only way I won was my friend going nuts the entire time jamming as fast as he possibly could...and he was fast.

xamenus

You need to alternate your speed. Go slow sometimes, then go fast, then slow again. It's still pretty hard, though, especially the second time. I've only been able to do it once on the real N64. :blush: