What's new

Bad sound in PJ64 - Lots of popping

Adaman

I'm kind of in a hurry right now, don't have time to search around here, so i'll just get to it and hopefully someone can help. Sound in PJ64 seems to have always been bad for me, it always seems like it's low quality and pops/fizzes sometimes (not a lot really, but it's frequent). Is there anything i can do to make the sound be pristine? Is there a better audio plugin i can get or something? When i go into Audio Options in PJ64 i can't really do anything besides change the volume. Not a whole lot of options there at all :p - Using a Jabo plugin for sound, might be pretty old, infact, i know it's pretty old. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
A

Adaman

Sync Audio seemed to help a lot, thanks. Do i have to manually turn it on for every game or is there a way to make it the default option? If a game is not loaded i can't select Sync Audio, it's greyed out.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Sync audio is a global option. it will be active for all games. and is saved as activated in the registry. so will remain activated until you uninstall PJ64 or nuke your system.

erustad

dragon tamer
you only need to checkmark it when you load the game, only once per game, as it should save. just checkmark it when you load each game.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Clements said:
Actually, sync audio is not a Global Option and is saved on a per-game basis.

so it is.

my bad. haven't needed to sync audio in so long so i haven't messed with itin along time.

You could also use "Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2" audio plugin. It seems to work for me and others who've used it. An example would be a comparision from the GameCube's Zelda Collector's Edition and the original Nintendo 64 version.

zarakon

jabo's 1.6 with audio sync works perfectly for me

azimer's 0.56 with dynamic sync works almost as well. there are occasional popping noises when a game drops below 60FPS.

I use Azimer's because it lets me go above 60FPS so I can use sort of a fast forward toggle by turning off FPS limit. Jabo's audio sync locks it at 60FPS regardless of the FPS limit option so you can't use a high speed option with it..