What's new

Bad ROM?

Waddi

I have recently aquired a complete GoodN64 set of roms and although I have run them all through GoodN64 without error, Project64 1.6 lists a load of roms as being 'Bad ROM? USe GoodN64 & check for updated RDB'.

Should I be worried that some of my roms are corrupt or is it just the case that Project64 doesn't like these roms for some reason?

Allnatural

Something to keep in mind regarding GoodN64 (and all the GoodTools). They index all roms. Good, bad, hacked, overdumped...everything, and the folks that put together these rom packages include everything. All you need are the roms with a [!] in the filename. Everything else can be discarded, including roms from regions you're not interested in (such as (E) and (J) for instance).

OP
Waddi

Waddi

Thanks allnatural for clearing this up. Because I point Project64 to my GoodN64 folder I get a load of Bad ROMS in the list. I know I could delete the roms that don't work but there's something about having a complete GoodSet that appeals to me. Is there any way to get Project64 to not include Bad ROMS in the list?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Is there any way to get Project64 to not include Bad ROMS in the list?
AFAIK, Project64 lists all the roms in can find in the roms folder and you can't filter them in any way.

So, if you don't want bad dumps appearing in the ROM Browser, keep those roms out of your rom folder.

Allnatural

I know I could delete the roms that don't work but there's something about having a complete GoodSet that appeals to me.
*sigh* pokerom... whatever

You can use GoodN64 to organize your roms (it's the -dir option I believe). Then you can point PJ64 to the "good" directory.