What's new

ATI Radeon 9700???

crhylove

Banned
actually...

LA is rated under you because all the smog from LA blows into the inland empire, due to the onshore flow. pretty sweet, eh? none of the culture, drugs, or crime, but we get twice the smog!

oh wait, i like culture drugs and crime....

never mind..

rhy

Josep

eyerun4phun
Re: actually...

crhylove said:
LA is rated under you because all the smog from LA blows into the inland empire, due to the onshore flow. pretty sweet, eh? none of the culture, drugs, or crime, but we get twice the smog!

oh wait, i like culture drugs and crime....

never mind..

rhy

hehe, well i appreciate your input, and im glad to see someone knows something about cali;) BUT thats only half right about L.A., if not less. Smog being blown in from L.A. is a problem, but definitly lower on the dangerous health risks;) oOO shit, don't let me get into it!:)

crhylove

Banned
well, yeah, but....

the other more serious health risks all have cool side effects / aspects.

smog has no cool side effect that i can think of. except that one lady who makes engravings on plates, just by covering part of the plate with something and leaving them out in the LA air.

rhy

gokuss4

Meh...
ok peeps the full specs on the Radeon 9700

0.15-micron GPU
110+ million transistors
8 pixel rendering pipelines, 1 texture unit per pipeline, can do 16 textures per pass
4 programmable vect4 vertex shader pipelines
256-bit DDR memory bus
up to 256MB of memory on board, clocked at over 300MHz (resulting in a minimum of 19.2GB/s of memory bandwidth)
AGP 8X Support
Full DX9 Pixel and Vertex Shader Support
Single Full Speed 165MHz integrated TMDS transmitter

go here for a full review on it

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1656&p=1

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
after the reply from the faggot losers at rage3d about the hacking of nvnews I vow to myself I will never buy a ATI product if thats what the consumer turns out like. Fucking faggots:plain2:

demon

xbox is shit
AlphaWolf said:

Yep, but neither of the cards rendered the engine to its fullest graphics capability. (even if they could, it wouldnt be full speed on either card)

This might sound a stupid question but if the makers of the engine have put features and effects into the game engine and Doom3 and current cards cant display these, how did they design the effects etc. in the first place?

Martin

Administrator
vampireuk said:
after the reply from the faggot losers at rage3d about the hacking of nvnews I vow to myself I will never buy a ATI product if thats what the consumer turns out like. Fucking faggots:plain2:

Why are you hatting?

demon

xbox is shit
I've heared a romour that Doom3 isnt going to be released until around the end of next year. Is this true?

Stezo2k

S-2K
probably, cant see why normal GFX cards cant do some doom 3 stuff cuz they are porting it to X-box, and x-box doesnt have a radeon 9xxx or a GeForce 4, strange. i cant see why it would sell well cuz it requires a high spec gfx card and not every1s guna have 1 :p

Stez

demon

xbox is shit
ID are strugling porting Doom3 to the xbox. They are having to tone down the game graphics and effects a hell of a lot so that the game plays on the system at a satesfactory standard.

If you want any information about the xbox system. Just read my sig, it explains a hell of a lot. :cool:

Last edited:
M

mann

doom III will be released december 10 2003 because that is the anniversary of the original doom :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
thats a long ways a ways ???

u sure thats right?

been reading reviews on the radeon 9700, and its scarily fast by the sounds of it, now not too sure wat to get. do u reckon they will release a mid-range version (not the 9000 pro).

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Stezo2k said:
probably, cant see why normal GFX cards cant do some doom 3 stuff cuz they are porting it to X-box, and x-box doesnt have a radeon 9xxx or a GeForce 4, strange. i cant see why it would sell well cuz it requires a high spec gfx card and not every1s guna have 1 :p

Stez
The X-Box has a modified GF3 installed in it. Some say that it`s close in its features to GF4ti4200, though I`m not sure about it.
Anyway, Carmack said that the X-Box version of Doom3 will have the same graphical qualities of the PC version, so I guess that the engine is pretty well coded.

Stezo2k

S-2K
ah thats cool, when i heard about the x-box having a Ge-Force 3 i thought it was Bs and i 4got about it lol.

Stez

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Actualy from the way I understand it, its on par with the gf4 4600.

One thing I don't get though...In carmacks press release he did say the gfx would be every bit as good as the PC, but I can't see how thats possible given the limited memory and processor speed of a console for a game thats said to need a 128mb graphics card, and at least a ghz range CPU. Hell I guess since its a fixed platform, they could make system specific optimizations? *shrug*

I see why they picked xbox though, probably not a whole lot of porting to do, as well as it being the most advanced console there is right now.

Last edited:
OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
sk8bloke22 said:
do u reckon they will release a mid-range version (not the 9000 pro).
They should since everyone won't be able to buy their top of the line card.

demon

xbox is shit
I think you can a Radeon 9000 very cheaply. A lot cheaper that a GF4 TI. But I don't know how powerful it is.