What's new

ATI Radeon 7500 Question

ragnor

So I finally got a minimal upgrade from my GF2MX400 (friend gave me a handmedown radeon 7500... still only 64meg, but hey, faster and better 2d qual). My question is what drivers do I need? The ATI site says that the WinXP MCE 2005 catalyst drivers support a bunch of cards, none of wich are mine. Is it still cool to use that, or should I be bustin a legacy driver?

jdsony

That's really cool. A few years ago I tried my NES gun hooked up to my PC and I just couldn't get it to work even on a tv and then I read up on how you can't get it to work. I always wanted to try it out.

OP
R

ragnor

so, let me reiterate. I want to use my ATI card. I hear the drivers suck for newer cards. Let me post an example. The one that XP Media Center came with is below. The effects of the newest catalyst drivers can be seen below that.

OP
R

ragnor

whole polys dissapear, or random textured triangles go invis. Have I happened upon a new manner of communing with god? Virtual LSD? Or is there a better driver for the 7500?

This is using DirectX. I dont even want to get into OpenGL.
...it's not so good either.

Last edited:

smcd

To get other old versions try here:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

Use the left navigation panel to choose:
+-------Drivers and Software
+-----------Windows XP
+---------------RADEON
+-------------------Previous Drivers and Software

And then on the right side, click "RADEON Previous Windows XP Drivers and Software versions prior to CATALYST 5.1 / Multimedia Center 9.03"

Browse away!

riles9262

My dissident is here...
Do you get those polygons disappearing in pc games too, or just on emu? If so, there may be a problem with the card or it may be overheating. I have a radeon ve which is worse than a 7500 and I've been able to use the catalyst drivers up to 3.10 (last I tried it) with no problems.

OP
R

ragnor

I decided it's probably just fuxxed, and ripped it out, replaced it with my old card. I rebooted at one point and it didn't show me anything in BIOS, so I just got over it.

jdsony

sorry my reply was totally useless seeing how I replied to 2 posts in the each others spot. Anyway...I didn't have any trouble with the newer Catalyst Drivers on my Radeon 7500 when I was using it or when my friend used it for a while. The older drivers may be faster, I didn't test it though. The problem you are having could be with the card but it could also be caused by not removing the Nvidia drivers completely before installing the ATI card.