What's new

aspi drivers possibly screwed up?

noobyman

ok i have gotten chankcast work before completly fine. I recently fromated my comp and i have sp2 installed and al nessesary drivers.

heres the problem. when i insatlled the aspi drivers i had clone cd and alcohol120 installed and i think they use their own aspi drivers from what i could tell and it screwed something up cuz its reading my game as a audio cd. i also had nero 6 insatlled too and that might of messed things up also.

so then i tried reinstalling the aspi drivers and still the same.

i have daemon tools vr. 4
here are my specs

win xp sp2
ati 9500
amd athlon xp 1.54 ghz
512 ram
nvidia nforce 2 k7n2 delta mobo

i notice that there are 2 folders named adaptec in my c and d partition. is that normal to have 2?

i think the main problem is that daemon is also showing my game as audio cd instead of dvd and i get a msg saying windows cannot read disc it may be corrupted or using a format not compatible with windows

nothing is wrong the the game file cuz i got it to work before so what is it then?

OP
N

noobyman

already tried that. does not work. something went wrong with the aspi drivers cuz it says in the file version this aspisys 4.71.2, WOWPOST.EXE 4.6 1021, 4.6 (1021), WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.2. the version are different. i cant get them to be all 4.7

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Windows XP only need two of these files so the installation is OK.
The xxx CD-ROM interface works on Windows XP without the need of ASPI drivers. It should work for you.

OP
N

noobyman

no it doesnt work. i have nvidia mobo wich is a problem and i do need the aspi drivers for it. is there anyway to uninsatll them so i can reinstall a fresh copy of the aspi

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You can reinstall the nForce drivers without installing nVidia's custom IDE drivers. Just make sure to select "No" when the installer asks you to install them. But this will probably not help you.

For the last time, the xxx CD-ROM interface should work fine. Since you get a message that Windows cannot read the disk I believe that you have a "bad .cdi image". If you also get an I/O control error when using the xxx CD-ROM interface this is certain.
In that case, installing the ASPI drivers won't eventually help. The only workaround is to uninstall Daemon Tools v4 and install Daemon tools v3.29 or use an old Discjuggler version and burn the game to a blank CD.

OP
N

noobyman

ok it worked now. i used the 3.29 vr. of daemon tools and it piked up one of my games. thaks alot. what do u mean by using an old version of disc juggler to burn on cd? how do i do that.