What's new

Asking advice on proper settings:

FirebrandX

I want to play Doom64 as accurately emulated as possible. PJ64 seems to emulate it properly (except for screen-melts and a few minor things), but the frame rate just sucks. I was wanting to know what settings and plugins I should use to get the best frame rate going for specifically playing Doom64.

My system for this question:

P3 600 Mhz
256 MB ram
voodoo5500
Windows 98

Smiff

Emutalk Member
state

GoodN64 rom name
Project64 version
ROM Settings (Settings > ROM Settings)
any non-default plugin settings

please

(btw this game runs extremely fast on Project64, unlimited approx. 170FPS or 3x full speed or greater on a recommended spec PC).

OP
F

FirebrandX

I was able to correct the fps problem by downloading the glide plugin. I wish the glide plugin had triple-buffering as I noticed some screen disruptions. I'll have to make a list of all incorrectly emulated Doom64 stuff. So far, no screen-melts, and some bad glitches during credits. I'll check the map lines function as this was totally absent when tested on HLE.

My goal is to find the emulator that is most accurate at running Doom64. All the ones I've tried have some problems with the game in some form or another.

OP
F

FirebrandX

Almost forgot, I'm using 1.5 with the glide plugin.

I just checked and the map lines function also does not work on PJ64. This is a very important map mode on Doom64, so it might be worth while to see about fixing it.

When you first press the map button, you'll bring up the map texture mode. When you press it again, it's suppose to bring up map lines mode. None of the emulators seem to even emulate this function. All that shows up is a blue triangle on the screen.