What's new

Article on Piracy... and Radio stations .. hmmm

GWXCORE

doesn't suprise me. i think cd's will be gone soon and itune downloads will be the only way to buy music and you'll have to buy at like 2 bucks a song. now bring on the replies to my views which are widely thought to be moronic! lol

BlueFalcon7

I find that ironically entertaining.

Personally, I want to see all the huge record industry labels, along with the RIAA go out of business. (or change a lot for the better) CDs are way too expansive. $10 is a rip-off to me. Knowing that the band gets less than a quarter of a dollar from it, makes it more of a rip-off.

What I want, is for independent labels to take over, and price CDs reasonably.

smcd

I find $7 - $14 decently priced for a CD (including artwork, liner notes, whatever else). As for a downloaded "CD" I think $7-14 is too expensive because you don't get the "Extras" and the cost for them is far less, not to mention the quality is lowered.

Allnatural

As for a downloaded "CD" I think $7-14 is too expensive because you don't get the "Extras" and the cost for them is far less, not to mention the quality is lowered.
I wouldn't pay for lossy compression period. If the download services used flac or ape I might consider it.

I'l always prefer an actual CD though, with case, liner notes, etc...