What's new

Anyone who knows something about Genesis Emulation please read.

realworksuks

Hi, does the emulator gens have a fast forward button that i'm missing? It seems like a well refined emulator but I can't find a fast forward button. If there isn't, what are some genesis emulators that do have a fast forward button, and that also compete with gens graphics etc.

Thanks in advance!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't know about Gens, but Kega Fusion has that feature. I'd also recommend Kega Fusion over Gens, but then again, it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
R

realworksuks

mmm yummy that kega fusion emulator rocks! I see it has the fast forward button.. Is there a way to make that a joypad command instead of the default backspace button? Also what settings have you found to look the sweetest? Which plugins etc. I downloaded all the plugins and I have 20 exactly. Only 12 of them show up on the render menu to change them though. I want to use hq4x, cuz i am thinking that will probably be the best, but that is one of the 8 that doesn't show up in the menu. i read the plugins read me but I am pretty computer illiterate. Can you help me make all those plugins work?

thanks man

Last edited:

Agozer

Just make sure that the filter plugins are in the same folder as the main executable or in a folder called Plugins. I don't use many render plugins, so I can't say why some of them won't work (perhaps they aren't coded the right way, who knows). I just use Super 2XSaI, it looks good enough for me.

If you want to map the dast forward button to a controller, you need Joy2Key, since Kega doesn't let you map any other buttons than the basic one to a controller.

OP
R

realworksuks

K i'll get that joy2key. With that fast forward button though.. is there a way to make it so that instead of it just being on or off, I could toggle it. For example, in the snes emulator whenever you hold the fast forward button in, it goes, when you release it, it turns off. In the sega emulator though, you press it and it goes nuts forever until you press it again, then it turns off. Is there a way to make it so that it's like the snes emulator, and it works by how long you hold it in?

Agozer

I don't think so. I would have seen an option like that already. ZSNES is morelike an exception when it comes to tweaking features. Most emulator don't have such gratituous tweaking options as ZSNES does.

Surely you aren't that bored of playing games that you constantly need to keep a finger on the fast forward button?

Last edited:
OP
R

realworksuks

yes, it is so, if i was playing an action game i wouldn't need a fast forward button, but i'm playing shining force 1, which has a lot of useless down time. I guess I'll make due. I got the joy2key to work though, so now i can be even more lazy because I won't have to reach up and hit F5 to save state anymore, just hit a button on my joypad, same goes for speed. The only thing I need to get working now is all of those render plugins. I think it has something to do with MMX.. is MMX something you download to get support for, or does that just come with what your video card can do. I think I need to be able to use MMX though to get the plugins to work.

Agozer

MMX is a processor feature. Namely a set of registers and instructions (some say Matrix Math eXtensions, but it has no solid meaning) that aid in integer and floating-point calculations among other things. Every processor nowadays has MMX support (since MMX appeared on first generation Pentium processors initially).

Yes most filters/blitters need MMX to work properly.