What's new

Any plugins better than project 64s default?

triplethreat

Apprentice of the arts
Which video plugin seems to be the best for project 64. I have Rices but it seems to be a step down from project 64s default. Anything and everything anybody posts is great, thanks! :)

TRS

There is no such thing as 'the best plugin'. How good the plugin performs is highly dependant on the system it runs on and the games you want to play.

The plugin that performs best for me might perform the worst for you and the plugin that performs best for game A might not even run game B. Only if you have a voodoo graphics card you can safely say that Glide64 is by far the best plugin for that specific system.

Greetings and good luck testing,

TRS

rcgamer

the old guy
TRS said:
There is no such thing as 'the best plugin'. How good the plugin performs is highly dependant on the system it runs on and the games you want to play.

The plugin that performs best for me might perform the worst for you and the plugin that performs best for game A might not even run game B. Only if you have a voodoo graphics card you can safely say that Glide64 is by far the best plugin for that specific system.

Greetings and good luck testing,

TRS

well said.

TRS

elitemperor said:
well, i dont have that, and glide 64 works better than everything
I never said Glide64 only works on a system with a Voodoo card, but if you have a voodoo card, there's no plugin that performs better than Glide64.

Glide64 is such a good plugin that it performs even very well on other systems using a wrapper. The wrapper 'emulates' a voodoo card so you can use it on other systems as well.

Greetings

TRS

Vasial

How do I get a wrapper?

And if it makes any difference, I have a nVidia MMX 440 with 32MB memory.

TRS

Hacktarux wrapper is included with the latest official Glide64

Download here: Official site

Btw the wrapper is the 'glide3x.dll' file. Do a search on the forum on how to install/use, because this has been covered at least a million times.:p

Succes,

TRS