What's new

Any others get this zelda oot prob?

darkpaul

Whenever I play zelda ocarina of time, and I press pause to get into the menu, it pauses for more than a few seconds, then comes up (strangely) with the background for the treehouse you start the game in. Just the background, though. Most of the menu is okay except for the screen with link's equipment (swords and armors). And it's nothing but a pixelated mess where Link should be standing.

Minor issues, but strange ones. Anybody else get these?

gandalf

Member ready to help
There´s a cheat to fix the problem with the time.For the quality of the background,use GLN64 0.41 (GFX plug-in)

OP
D

darkpaul

Alright. Seems pretty unanimous(?) glide64 and evoodoo. Forgive my ignorance, but they both APPEAR to be graphics plugins. So how, exactly, do I use them together?

OP
D

darkpaul

Okay, first for the evoodoo and glide64: I put the evoodoo files in the main 1964 directory and the glide64 plugin in the plugin directory, I assume those are correct(?). Also, should be noted I'm using a Radeon 9200, if that matters (NOT a 3dfx card). If that doesn't matter, then here's the problem: anytime I try to run zelda, an error occurs. "The GFX plugin caused an exception has been disabled. Would you like to turn it back on and attempt to continue?"

As for gln64, did you really find it that different than rice's plugin? I fired it up and didn't see much difference. Same problem i was havin before.

gandalf

Member ready to help
You must enable the Hardware Frame Buffer emulation in GLN64,with this,the BackGround looks much better,a little better than N64.ANd it´s near to perfect

The subscreen delay...there is a cheat to fix it.
Visit PJ64 forum or download it + the service Pakc for PJ64 1.5

OP
D

darkpaul

gandalf said:
You must enable the Hardware Frame Buffer emulation in GLN64,with this,the BackGround looks much better,a little better than N64.ANd it´s near to perfect

The subscreen delay...there is a cheat to fix it.
Visit PJ64 forum or download it + the service Pakc for PJ64 1.5

Well, that's interesting. I enabled Hardware Frame Buffer and it went to a completely black screen. I disabled it again and it all came back. Odd.

As for project64, if you meant download project64 1.5 and the service pack, I already did that, and I'm having that problem. Is the service pack the cheat you were mentioning? ...and how is it a cheat, exactly?

gandalf

Member ready to help
The cheat is "Subscreen Delay Fix".

Ermmm...ahhh yes... i forgot it: GL N64 have some problems with the latest Catalyst.
The Plug-in works fine with 3.7 dirvers.
And here is the solution with GLN64: http://thecarpentersshop.com/mmebane/atioglxx.7z
UnZip with 7zip (www.7-zip.org) and then put the content in the main directory of 1964/PJ64 and try it (it´s the open GL "driver" of catalyst 3.7)

Sorry for the English

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Gln64 is by far the best plugin for zelda oot. It emulates almost everything perfectly from what I have played.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Mystic Gohan said:
Gln64 is by far the best plugin for zelda oot. It emulates almost everything perfectly from what I have played.

But only if you have the right GFX card. It does not work well with a Radeon 7500, for example, at least not with the games I have tried.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Qun Mang said:
But only if you have the right GFX card. It does not work well with a Radeon 7500, for example, at least not with the games I have tried.

Of course it doesn't work, it wouldn't work with anything asides a 3dfx card, unless you use Evoodoo, a glide wrapper.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sayargh said:
Of course it doesn't work, it wouldn't work with anything asides a 3dfx card, unless you use Evoodoo, a glide wrapper.
They're talking about orkin's plugin, not glide64 ;)

OP
D

darkpaul

Thanks, guys. Almost everything is perfect. The only thing I noticed that was off was the sun, a weird 4-block sun pattern. Obviously a glitch. other than that, it's great.

However, I did not find the subscreen delay fix in 1964, only on project64.

But this brings me to another question: is n64 emulation going to get past these little issues? I mean, chances are I'm gonna forget (I always do, I'm a dumbass) how to do this stuff. The little things, I mean.

Please don't see this as pessimistic (probably didn't spell that right). I just love emulation so much that it breaks my heart when it doesn't all go right. So I'm setting myself up for disaster, and I know it, but doesn't it feel good when you get your favorite games just as you remember them only much, much better? I know I do.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Alright, I've been meaning to bring this up for a while, but haven't.. so,

In any game, polygons flicker black for a second, on and off.. doesn't happen with jabo's (though it doesn't look as good overall). I tried underclocking my card, diff dets.. I think I've tried everything. I'm using a GeForce4 MX 440 w/ AGP 8X 64MB DDR.

it never shows up in a screenshot! What the.. ?

Paul: just take the code from PJ64, and use it in 1964's GS codes.

gandalf

Member ready to help
It´s a problem with GL N64:Orkin know this issue,and it will be fixed in an future release