What's new

Any new Chankast news?

vlbastos

Hi! Do you guys know any news about the new Chankast? Anything, any comment from the authors...

I´d like to know if there will be speedups, i got an Athlon XP 2400+ but its not enough still, most games play slowly... Im really looking forward a new version, so i can play Soul Reaver. The PC and PSX versions doesnt do this game justice :) Currently, it plays slowly (or too fast, if capcom hack is turned on), at 40 fps-ish in my pc, and crashes by the first time you shift realms in the tutorial (doesnt seem to be a gfx bug, it crashes with the elder god saying something, looping forever... audio crash? its strange, since the entire tutorial is missing speech, and it crashes right in the middle of the first working speech).

Btw, do you guys think Sega will try to buy Chankast? I think they will, just like they did with GiriGiri... Chankast is even more promising technically, its almost perfect and has very high compatibility... GiriGiri was good too, but plagued by Saturn´s complexity, i think it was less compatible and missed more features.

Way to go, chanka team! You guys rule! And i mean it, cause the Icarus team is working on their emu for a LONG time, and it still isnt in Chankast level!

blurymind

giri giri,huh.I think that sega's auctions were bought by some american company or something(i saw that on CNN).Sega still exists,but I dont think they will make any new consoles any time soon.As for buying Chankas-My god,NO-I hope they dont do it!Its like taking away the hope of million people and fans of sega.I've heard there is a good saturn emulator(satourin) by some french guys.
I want to know too what is going on with their development on the new version.I mean,thats the main reason we all keep revisiting this forum.We wanna know more about what is happening back there.I know that this might cause panic or something,but you should make a locked topic,which is updated only by the moderators.The rules still will be rules anyway
...one more thing in my reply-
Dont ask when your favourite game will be playable or demand anything,because they might ban you.The info you gave might be helpfull for the compability list tho.

Last edited:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
vlbastos said:
Im really looking forward a new version, so i can play Soul Reaver. The PC and PSX versions doesnt do this game justice :)

As a die-hard fan of the PC LOK series i should kill you at once, you know...

revl8er

That Damn Good
this thread better not get closed. they could at least post some info about whats happening

Really it's up the the mods, and the rules state that you aren't supposed to ask about a new version.

MikeEx

ya, you all yell at the guys that post these "whats going on?" threads but you know the question iscoarsing through your minds

i know i cant wait either :phone:

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
MikeEx said:
ya, you all yell at the guys that post these "whats going on?" threads but you know the question iscoarsing through your minds

i know i cant wait either :phone:

:ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala:
ALLA CANT WAIT TOOOO!!
:ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala: :ala:

Alfa

GameFan
I don't think tha Sega purchases Chankast because their product is dead (DreamCast), they don't sell or support it anymore, but nobody know, about the chankast project i think that is dead, but I hope to be mistaken.

T-Kimura

it isn't dead, i've spoken to elsemi a few times.. seems nothing has been done all this time though.. i think garoffi is busy.

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
T-Kimura said:
it isn't dead, i've spoken to elsemi a few times.. seems nothing has been done all this time though.. i think garoffi is busy.

well we cant blame garoffi.

blurymind

"seems nothing has been done all this time though.. i think garoffi is busy." - you broke my heart. R you sure-I mean-"Nothing?!"
I can't blame those guys tho.Who knows how frustrating it was to get the emulator this far.

aika-san

i guess microsoft must be dead too. they haven't released a new os for a while now.

come to think of it, i must be dead too 'cause i haven't done any programming in the last month. :p

precisely what are the magical number of days that must elapse before a projects status changes from alive to dead?

Last edited:

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
aika-san said:
i guess microsoft must be dead too. they haven't released a new os for a while now.

come to think of it, i must be dead too 'cause i haven't done any programming in the last month. :p

precisely what are the magical number of days that must elapse before a projects status changes from alive to dead?

about... 10 minutes?