What's new

Anti-piracy security in games improvements

Blacklord

Banned
Yeah thats true but think about having to buy a game in rates(or whatever it's called in english). I mean i worship piraters but what if they acctualy do manage to make an uncrackable security system? I mean maybe it's impossible but it could happen... But nah even microsoft had it's huge flaws in things they said are top security: 1. Gamecube(we all know that flaw) 2. Windows XP(pop in a windows 2000 boot disk and bam u are logged in with all admin rights) WTF: I though XP was the most secure :/

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nothing is uncrackable and even if it is very difficult to crack there is always Clones. The more security they put on games the harder it is for the end user to use and they will begin to severely put people off if they go down this road.

WhiteX

yes, they are giving a hard time even for ppl who bought games legally, it is a turn off and a boost to console gaming.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
Well.. i'm pretty sure all of us will be buying games more often now :)..

i'm saying that because gaming is changing.. it's becoming more and more an online thing.. and that's where the real action is.. solo playing is becoming a thing of the past.. very few games are still good when played single player-mode (not counting console games).. why that is?.. because game-dev companies are becoming like McDonalds.. spitting out games all the time.. without much new content but more extra security crap.. and they are leaving the more entertaining sides of the game online..

example: if you wanna play WOW.. sure.. there have been hacks for doing that but they have required massive hacking and stealing of other ppls accounts.. my guess is by doing such things you'll be able to play for a couple of days untill you lose that account.. then it will take a couple more days again to steal a new account.. and so on.. too much work for too litle..

so everyone will much rather buy these online games.. since they can't be hacked in the same way..

i guess you could say online games are unhackable.. because of their dynamic security..

some online games don't even have any security though so i guess we can't generalize.. oh well :)..

Blacklord

Banned
Doubt that'll happen. It's not as if the appocalypse happened. Anyway i guess rattraps right multiplayer games can'nt be craked to work on the internet. Nice.

WhiteX

he told me too, he said...
"Wait and in Hell will rise to the Earth, gaming will cease to exist and Lindsay Lohan will be yours."