What's new

Another Zelda problem

Jet

In MM at times when I go to the item screen I cant move the pointer or get out of it. It isn't frozen because the pointer still spins and the hear still moves.

Any solutions? I stupidly saved stat thinking it would work again after resuming it and of course it didnt. bah now I have to get those stupid fairies all over again.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
you probably set the analog stick and the digital d-pad to the same buttons. Split the dpad buttons from the analog buttons and it will probably work.

OP
J

Jet

2bzy4ne1 said:
you probably set the analog stick and the digital d-pad to the same buttons. Split the dpad buttons from the analog buttons and it will probably work.

I have the pad keys set on the keyboard and the analog for my gamepad. Nothing will move and I can't even get out pressing the start button but everything in the screen is active.

Slougi

a good rom? what version of 1964? what input plugin? some more info plz....
Also could u upload a save state?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Jet said:

I have the pad keys set on the keyboard and the analog for my gamepad. Nothing will move and I can't even get out pressing the start button but everything in the screen is active.

Yuck.. Get an Adaptoid and a real N64 controller. It's expensive but worth every penny. :D
I also started playing Zelda:MM using a keyboard + gamepad combination so I know what you are going through. My old gamepad wasn't even analogue capable though.

But yes check your rom with GoodN64. Maybe it's broken. What input plugin are you using? NRage's plugin is best currenty IMHO.

OP
J

Jet

Jet said:

It is a good rom. I'm running version 073 and using Jabos direct 3d7 v1.40.

Corak said:

I also started playing Zelda:MM using a keyboard + gamepad combination so I know what you are going through. My old gamepad wasn't even analogue capable though.

I'm having no real problem at all using the gamepad. I wish I could find the drivers for the controller tho, or atleast one more similar to it than the one winXP picked for it. The start and select buttons and the 3 small buttons above them dont work and those could make thing a bit easier for me for the C buttons instead of having to use the l and r buttons at top, but thats what I get for buying the cheapest controler I saw. I'd go to the companys site but theres almost nothing at all on it. eh oh well.

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Jet said:

I'm having no real problem at all using the gamepad. I wish I could find the drivers for the controller tho, or atleast one more similar to it than the one winXP picked for it. The start and select buttons and the 3 small buttons above them dont work and those could make thing a bit easier for me for the C buttons instead of having to use the l and r buttons at top, but thats what I get for buying the cheapest controler I saw. I'd go to the companys site but theres almost nothing at all on it. eh oh well.

And you say you are having no real problems at all using the gamepad? :happy:
Good luck.

OP
J

Jet

Corak said:

And you say you are having no real problems at all using the gamepad? :happy:
Good luck.

Thats not a problem, it's just a minor setback;) eh thats what I get for buying a 8.99 gamepad. Oh well, when I find myself with myself with $15 I'll head off to the mall and get myself a new one.
This also teaches a lesson that sometimes cheaper isn't always better.