What's new

another SoA prob.

elifecyber

This may be a stupid question, but when I mount the first disc (.mdi) and start chankast, I get a error message saying can't find TOC in Drive G, is this a problem I have done wrong, or is it because the game isn't compatible with it? Thanx in advance. :happy:

pumpkinlad

I had this problem, simple fix was go to Options, Configure Drive and select the drive you are using.

If that doesn't work, read the FAQ:

If you get a "can't read TOC from x:drive" error you may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from HERE and after that install v4.60 from HERE in order to make it work.
You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will probably crash. To unistall any custom IDE drivers do the following:
Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.

OP
E

elifecyber

uhm thanx a lot, gonna try it right away!

edit: I can't click on the 'HERES' so I googled them I got something extracted in a adeptec folder but I don't understand what to do there, if I click on install something will come and I have to press a key to continue when I do that it closes the bat file... :plain:

Last edited:

pumpkinlad

elifecyber said:
uhm thanx a lot, gonna try it right away!

edit: I can't click on the 'HERES' so I googled them I got something extracted in a adeptec folder but I don't understand what to do there, if I click on install something will come and I have to press a key to continue when I do that it closes the bat file... :plain:

Sorry about that, I just copied it from the FAQ. Here (for real):

ASPI Drivers v4.71

ASPI Drivers v4.60

Now, download both and one you have to unzip 4.71 to a temp directory and run aspiinst.exe to install. It will ask you to reboot, please do.

When you restart, install the 4.60 and it will ask you to reboot again, do so.

OP
E

elifecyber

Haha, tnx a lot that helped! But now i get a a error ingame saying: insert AV cable.... but at least the other games work now :p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You cannot fix that error. The emulator stucks after some enchelon intros. Use a non-enchelon copy of the game or wait for another Chankast release.

BountyJedi

wasnt there some ultra tricky way to get rid of it by going into hex and stuff? but that also was different for different games too i guess...

aika-san

elifecyber said:
It gets stuck atfter the echolon screen...

I found a new 1st_read.bin for this game that says it's Chankast compatible. Not sure if it works 'cause I don't have the echelon version. :yucky:

It looks like someone may have had success though:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23177

May be worth a try if you can find it. And no, I can't give the location of it. You'll have to try and find it yourself.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
BountyJedi said:
wasnt there some ultra tricky way to get rid of it by going into hex and stuff? but that also was different for different games too i guess...
Yeap, there is a way to remove the intro with the help of a hex editor. But the procedure is different for each game and needs time and knowledge. You can also run the game if you change the boot file that contains the intro with another "clean" boot file of the game (as aika-san just said).

Last edited:

Strange

Hmm, i removed that logo without any hex manipulations - all what you need is just Exoboot program with normal Europe 1st_read.bin(USA one don`t work) + some manipulations, thats all.

aika-san

Strange said:
Hmm, i removed that logo without any hex manipulations - all what you need is just Exoboot program with normal Europe 1st_read.bin(USA one don`t work) + some manipulations, thats all.

A few questions:

How do you tell which is the USA and which is the Europe 1st_read.bin?
What are the manipulations you hint at?
Does the game still hang with a black screen (music still playing) when you exit the inventory screen after doing these modifications?

thx

Strange

How do you tell which is the USA and which is the Europe 1st_read.bin?
I don`t know - my 1st_read.bin was Europe and its working, but 1 man tryed it with another 1st_read.bin and it didn`t work(but after trying with my bin file game start working) - so thats how i know about USA bin file.
Does the game still hang with a black screen (music still playing) when you exit the inventory screen after doing these modifications?
No, game working just brilliant - there is no any kind of bugs what you are talking about... Looks like only USA versions have that bug...
Well, about manipulations:
1)Download Exoboot from here
http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.p...achmentid=17341 and install it.
2)Copy ALL files and directories from your Eshelon disk in Exoboot folder "DATA"
3)Replace old 1st_read.bin with your normal 1st_read.bin file.
4)Lunch Exoboot and choose "Mode3"(Data to CD or image) and push "continue"
5)Set a "bird" to "Create image from the data files" and enter the name of the that image in "Game name" field.
6)Push continue and program will create fixed image file.

Last edited:
OP
E

elifecyber

''Replace old 1st_read.bin with your normal 1st_read.bin file''

what do you mean with normal bin file?

Strange

I mean you must have normal 1st_read.bin file(Europe ofcourse) from NONE Eshelon version, i cant give you link here in that thread, but you can always ask me in PM...

aika-san

Thankyou for all of your help Strange. At least now those who have the echelon version can get this problematic game going.

Apologies for not replying sooner. The caffeine ran out and sleep took over. :whistling

Thx heaps. :icecream:

:party: :party: :party: