What's new

Another problem with Donkey Kong 64

Dashy2007

Zetta slow!
Hello everyone, before I would note that I am not very good with English, so if I write something wrong just let me know.

As many will know the DK 64 ROMs has many glitchs, I've seen on this forum have been able to solve many of them but one that worries me...

In Gloomy Galleon, during the battle with the boss (using Lanky) must pass through a DK star for emerging pillars. The pillars are used to defeat the boss right?

At first passage through the first star, so good. When passing through the second star, nothing happens. I read in an topic that had to change the counter factor to 7 (with the 1964 emulator) but this emulator does not load my saved game of Project 64 1.7.

Then I want to know How I can solve this problem without having to start a new game (risky it can have other glitchs)?

Another question: In Jungle Japes is a switch that is activated with a peanut Diddy (near the platform with a 2), to shoot the peanut this hits the top of the switch. Is there a solution or I'll be without two Golden Bananas?

Thanks in advance to all and greetings ^^.

Alunalun

Project 64 1.7 you say?
Support for version 1.7 is in a different forum, this is the version 1.6. support forum.

OP
D

Dashy2007

Zetta slow!
I use versions 1.7 and 1.6 of Project 64, but the problem remains in both versions (the glitchs and I can not pass the save state to another emulator (1964))

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Save states cannot be swapped between emulators, native in-game saves can.
Given how glitchy DK64 can be, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a fix if I were you.

Updating the Project64 RDB file might make a little difference, but I wouldn't bet on that either.

OP
D

Dashy2007

Zetta slow!
Thank you all, now it will not be able to use the emulator 1964.

But there is another way to solve this glitch? And the Junge Japes glitch (with Diddy)?

Thanks to all.