What's new

Another n64 USB controller problem.

novicegt

I've been searching through the forums looking for a possible solution to this but can't figure it out.

I'm using an original n64 controller and a N64 controller adapter with PJ64.

The adapter and controller get recognized by Vista as a Game Controller in the control panel as "USB GamePad", but nothing moves when I try to calibrate.

Also, nothing is getting recognized in PJ64 using N-Rage v2 1.8

Any ideas would be fanfreakintastic.

OP
N

novicegt

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

crap.jpg

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What USB adapter do you have. Quite a few USB adapters, especially those designed for the N64 controller, seem to be quite poor. That's my personal observation anyway.

If you can't get the analog stick and/or the buttons properly calibrated in Windows Control Panel, it sure as hell won't function properly if you try to use it with emulators. Did the adapter come with its own drivers?

OP
N

novicegt

I'm using this adapter:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-3d9o.html

What is confusing is the adapter is being recognized, but there seems to be no input from the controller itself at all. The calibrater doesn't budge.

That being said, the adapter (supposedly) doesn't require drivers. I've read a few forums where there is success with this particular adapter which makes me think It's me doing something wrong.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Is your N64 controller truly an original controller or perhaps some 3rd party n64 controller? According to Mayflash, the adapter really doesn't need any drivers, but might not work with 3rd party controllers. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time Mayflash's products fail hard even with original controllers.

OP
N

novicegt

Original N64 controller. I have 2 others I'm going to try and I'll post the results when I'm able.

I was trying to do research on if there was a difference between newer (but still original) n64 controllers and old n64 controllers. I haven't found much about that though.