What's new

Announcement: Cycle-accurate N64 development underway.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
It fits! From 'pahole':

Code:
struct RSP {
        uint8_t                    dmem[4096];           /*     0  4096 */
        /* --- cacheline 64 boundary (4096 bytes) --- */
        uint8_t                    imem[4096];           /*  4096  4096 */
        /* --- cacheline 128 boundary (8192 bytes) --- */
        /* size: 10272, cachelines: 161, members: 7 */
        /* last cacheline: 32 bytes */
};

And I've got more than enough room for all the other doodads I need for full system simulation.

Ever since SM64 has been executing threads, I've been reverse engineeering it and trying to get it to start having the RSP send commands to the RDP over the xbus.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
I remember that the 64 KB are slitted in two, but I don't know if that changes anything for you.

No, it'll only feel wholly with 64KB L1D. 32K will hold most of the important stuff and everything else will just have a small latency coming out of L2, so no big deal.

Remote

If the latency of L1 is 2 ns and L2 is 20-30 ns, is the difference big enough to be noticed? It seems like trying to count something too fast to count.

Last edited:
OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
If the latency of L1 is 2 ns and L2 is 20-30 ns, is the difference big enough to be noticed? It seems like trying to count something too fast to count.

No, absolutely not. You also have to remember that not all of the memory will be used anyways; most of the ICache will be unused and swapped in on an as-needed basis.

Miretank

Lurking
Been a while. Funny to see old usernames.

What a great project coming into fruition! Keep it up MM!

Cheers guys!

Remote

Agreed, status updates are interesting to read and little news are better then no news!

XICO2KX

If I'm not mistaken, MarathonMan has a github repository from some time ago. :batman:
Code:
github.com/tstache1/
But he hasn't been making any public commits for his current project. :watsup:

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Not much news as of now... I think there's an issue somewhere that's preventing the interrupt handler doing it's business. I've been putting crazy hours in at work this past few weeks, so I haven't got much time to play with it.

Yes... I formerly had the project up there... still haven't decided a license. I'm leaning towards GPLv3.

If there are any other developers out there, it might help me push it out faster. :D

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
You may start a thread in PJ64's official forum, I have seen many technical discussion about RSP and RDP here (and you were here too :p).

Iconoclast seems to be the only one who actively contributes though, and he's vanished for the last month.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Huzzah, found the bug. Man, do I feel stupid after realizing what it was. :D

Things are rolling along very smoothly again!