What's new

Animal Forest Help!!

StealtherX

For Animal Crossing the graphics are all messed up and so are the menus. What plugin should I use? I used the default plugins and they didn't work.

OP
S

StealtherX

Dobutsu No Mori is exactly what I mean but whats internal geometry in the gfx plugin's options?

iq_132

Banned
Yet another japanese game I've never heard of. Anyone have any idea of how many more jap games there are than US or European ones?

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
yeah there are a couple of them...... one was an rpg simlar to zelda... don't ask me the name cuz i can't remember for nothing

OP
S

StealtherX

yea there are many jap games. But thats because everything goes there first so thats why they have a lot of games. Also their fads stay around for a long time. like pokemon is still as popular as it was here a long time ago.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there's a lot less JAP games than USA ones (191 to 322). But yeah there's also quite a few (I dunno, about 25 maybe? guess) that were only released in Japan.

mookid

Dobutsu no Mori on PJ 64 1.5

I have Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) and in Pj 1.5 seems to work good.It has some graph probl in the menu but It's not difficult to understand anyway. And other probl in graphic like rain. ^The real probl is the japanese language...anyone knows if somebody did a patch for translate this game?
thanx all

I put a snapshot from my pc

my spec are : P4 1.6 Ghz, Invidia Gee Force 3, 384 MB RIMM, Soundblaster Live, Win XP Prof and of course PJ 64 1.5

Cobra95

Re: Dobutsu no Mori on PJ 64 1.5

mookid said:
I have Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) and in Pj 1.5 seems to work good.It has some graph probl in the menu but It's not difficult to understand anyway. And other probl in graphic like rain. ^The real probl is the japanese language...anyone knows if somebody did a patch for translate this game?
thanx all

I put a snapshot from my pc

my spec are : P4 1.6 Ghz, Invidia Gee Force 3, 384 MB RIMM, Soundblaster Live, Win XP Prof and of course PJ 64 1.5

I have it too, and I would like to see it translated as well. However, I can play it pretty well as is, because I have Animal Crossing on the Gamecube (English). Doubutsu no Mori is actually Animal Forest. Animal Crossing (GC) is Animal Forest Plus in Japan. The games are nearly the same, but the "Plus" version has added features.

On a tech note, I discovered that the emu pauses I was experiencing in this game stopped almost completely when I disabled Advanced Block Linking.

mookid

Unfortunely I live in Italy....and it seems that in Europe Animal Crossing will never be released....so for that my only hope is emulation...and a good translater !!!
hehehe

Bye All

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
It looks like an australian version of animal crossing will be released.And the australian gc standard is pal so it work in our italian gamecube;)

Cobra95

I'm playing this fairly heavily now, and comparing it to Animal Crossing on the GC. It has worked fairly smoothly for several days, except one crash. I think this is a general issue. The following is from DirectDraw6 Error.log:

[11:53:31 PM 16/9/2002] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[9:39:25 PM 17/9/2002] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[5:58:51 PM 22/9/2002] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[3:39:14 PM 9/10/2002] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment

The last one (Oct. 9, 2002) accounts for the Animal Forest crash. The others are from Banjo-Tooie, I'm almost certain. Just passing it along.

The only serious issue with the rom is in the menus. Some nasty corruption makes it all but impossible to use the catalog. It just looks like the data for the main image and the cursor are corrupt or not being indexed into correctly. Can anyone verify that this is an emulation issue, rather than a bad rom?

Inventory:
http://w3.one.net/~kjsuarez/images/snap0013.jpg

Catalog:
http://w3.one.net/~kjsuarez/images/snap0014.jpg

mookid

No I don'tr think you have a bad rom, your Dobutsu no Mori menu is exactly same as mine, so I think it's an emulator probl.

Bye Bye All

Peveus

yes it will Mookid, it was cancelled just before US release in Europe but now its back on to be released by March 2003. Enjoy.