What's new

Animal Crossing gets a CPU Reset error

tgp1994

Well, the title says it all! I've searched and seen some topics that have been having some similar problems, but none seem to have any definite answer. If anyone can tell me why I'm getting this CPU Reset error when I try to play Animal Crossing, and how to fix it, that would be great.

Hezkore

Lol, I've already asked about Animal Crossing a few posts down.
No one seems to know what the problem is, but i'm guessing it's bad Rom.

OP
T

tgp1994

Shoot, thanks. Is there actually a way to extract it off of the disk from a computer?

Lol, I've already asked about Animal Crossing a few posts down.
No one seems to know what the problem is, but i'm guessing it's bad Rom.

How can he have the same bad rom as you, unless you guys are both downloading games from the same site.

Shoot, thanks. Is there actually a way to extract it off of the disk from a computer?

No, PC's cannot read GC discs.

It's the emulator, not the game.

OP
T

tgp1994

I've heard talk of people developing ways of CD drives to read the discs. Any ways, how can I get it to work?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I've heard talk of people developing ways of CD drives to read the discs. Any ways, how can I get it to work?

I'm not so sure about this. Perhaps, but I haven't looked in a long time - last time i looked, no.

If you did this legally and exploited your GC to get the ROM (Which nobody really cares if you did not do, We are aware people get roms off of isohunt and such, just don't say that you did. If people care, they are likely hypocrites or just pricks.) then you could try doing this again. If not, go look up some ways to do this. Google Is Your Friend.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, you need extra hardware + a some kind of a firmware update for your DVD drive. Don't ask me for details since I don't really now much nor care much.

Hezkore

Well I didn't say it "Was" a bad rom, I said I'm "Guessing" it's bad rom. :p
What lead me to believe that was the Animal Crossing ID in the game list being "GAFE_2D8C" while mine is "GAFP_1B80".
Of course that might not have anything to do with it but once again, I'm just guessing my way through.

biolizard89

Well I didn't say it "Was" a bad rom, I said I'm "Guessing" it's bad rom. :p
What lead me to believe that was the Animal Crossing ID in the game list being "GAFE_2D8C" while mine is "GAFP_1B80".
Of course that might not have anything to do with it but once again, I'm just guessing my way through.
That just means that the game list has the USA version, while your game is the PAL version. E = USA, P = PAL, J = Japan. Nothing to do with a bad ISO.