What's new

and now it's Killer Instinct Gold time...

alessmz

Banned
there are a few games very hard 2 emulate, amongst these we have RE2 with movies and everything, Banghaio, World driver championship and a few other which even pj15 fails 2 deliver or emulate properly.

the one i'm looking for is KIG.

What i got with Nemu, standard config, is an almost 60fps with both characters and fireball all black (fireballs are black AND square shaped )

my spec are : xp1700+, Radeon AIW 8500, 512mb DDR

i got black characters also on PJ64 1.5, till 1.5b1 grahpics was ok, with the 10fps pj problem everybody knows....

if someone has achived in emulate this game prpoperly, or any of the other games i've named before, please post a solution.....

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
well....

seems everyone is keen on trying 2 enjoy a 15fps mariokart experience with kaillera instead of playing something different, it's not a secret n64 emulation hasn't got any further from pj64 1.5 six months ago.....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wtf! It has! Glide64 is making unviewable gfx visible now! Rice is working on his plugin which is making support for low-end cards and is, too, progressing!

Don't gimme that! :getlost:

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
O_O

ok, have your recent and "progressing" emulators produced a decent emulation of:

-Resident Evil ( with MOVIES , FIXED MUSIC and COLLISION )
-Bangaioh ( GRAPHICS )
-Cruis 'n USA ( GRAPHICS and SPEED )
-Goldeneye ( SPEED )
-Hydro Thunder ( MUSIC and FX )
-Mario Tennis ( FIXED GRAPHICS )
-World Driver Championship ( EVERYTHING )
-Killer Instinct Gold ( GRAPHICS/SPEED )

and generally anything that Jabo hasn't reach with Pj 64 1.5 emulation?

and wtf?? if you can find at least one of the named games fixed with your recent updates i'm probably wrong, otherwise think again before writing such a superficial reply.

Clements

Pilotwings shadow is fixed with Rice's Daedalus 4.5.0
Camspy lens effect is in place with TR64 OpenGL 0.84
Mario 64 dissolve effect works in glNintendo64()

...as well as both glNintendo64() and Rice's Daedalus now supporting 2XSAI textures...

The list of progress goes on... have you been asleep? :happy:

I think your asking a bit too much too soon...

Anyway, I get fullspeed with Goldeneye throughout!

Doomulation

-Mario Tennis ( FIXED GRAPHICS )
WRONG! Use force normal blending and this game runs pretty smooth!

And those games being worked on! Maybe someone will in time! But for now they're aiming on other games!
So don't tell me it isn't progressing because it is! :getlost:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
yeah maaaan! what they said ^ and ive had a 50 -60 fps match or mario kart online. Like ive said to someone before if your comp/connection sucks then every 3d emu (that goes online) will suck online.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I usually just sit on the sidelines during posts like this and wait to see who is right or wrong, but this one was to hard to pass up.

sounds like Clements, Doomulation, and Jvolel, just thunked alessmz on the head with some "progress" :D Can I play too?

Along with all the other items they mentioned, don't forget the playfeild in Dr. Mario is now fully visable with Rice's plugin when the frame buffer is set to "Copy & Back".

sounds like you alessmz need to "think again before writing such a superficial post"

Not a flame, just my humble opinion

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
well, it seems...

these babies like 2 cut-copy every word of your post, but lets'say just a couple of things:

When i speak about IMPORTANT IMPROVEMENTS, i mean a least 3-4 HARD 2 EMULATE games, like the ones i have listed before, in perfect pj fashion ( remember, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark , DK64 , never-before-emulated titles, these ARE REAL IMPROVEMENTS, pj did that, the other emus came LATER) and seen what u have catch as example, if the great Jabo won't took again the control of the situation, we'll be still talking about "wow, lens flare...." for the next 2 years, without REAL core emulation improvements ( that means, if u still haven't understood, NEW and GREAT games emulated, like the ones i have listed )

I know that at this point n64 emulation is really hard 2 improve, i am happy enough with the today emulation level, but when someone calls miracle for some plugin fixes, like "Pilotwings shadow is fixed " or , regarding Mario tennis "Use force normal blending and this game runs pretty smooth" ( btw, effects are still messed up, it's not a matter of speed ), then i'm a bit upset about that.

last but not least, a quick msg 2 LazerTag: seen the stupidity level of you "opinion", i suggest u 2 quickly return on the sidelines u came from ( or sewer,dunno) , otherwise u might be kicked right in ur head ( or ass, it's up 2 u 2 distinguish), in any case , not a flame, just flame yourself:D

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Hey no reason to get snoty about this. My remarks were simply wisecracks based on what you already said. Part of the fun of Internet forums. Just because you were the one having a few peeps laugh at you is no reason to make this something it is not.

And just because the games you listed have not been improved upon much (if at all) doesn't make the other advancements in different games no less important. BTW, I get full speed in GoldenEye as well. So not sure why that one is on your list?

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
just ignore the alessmz d00d, he been around before, and i guess he hasnt changed. And my answer for your posts has to be the standard "fine, why dont you go make a plugin that will beat jabo's"

and another hint, alessmz, flaming the current efforts wont speed up development...AT ALL.

Re: well, it seems...

alessmz said:
these babies like 2 cut-copy every word of your post, but lets'say just a couple of things:

When i speak about IMPORTANT IMPROVEMENTS, i mean a least 3-4 HARD 2 EMULATE games, like the ones i have listed before, in perfect pj fashion ( remember, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark , DK64 , never-before-emulated titles, these ARE REAL IMPROVEMENTS, pj did that, the other emus came LATER) and seen what u have catch as example, if the great Jabo won't took again the control of the situation, we'll be still talking about "wow, lens flare...." for the next 2 years, without REAL core emulation improvements ( that means, if u still haven't understood, NEW and GREAT games emulated, like the ones i have listed )

I know that at this point n64 emulation is really hard 2 improve, i am happy enough with the today emulation level, but when someone calls miracle for some plugin fixes, like "Pilotwings shadow is fixed " or , regarding Mario tennis "Use force normal blending and this game runs pretty smooth" ( btw, effects are still messed up, it's not a matter of speed ), then i'm a bit upset about that.

last but not least, a quick msg 2 LazerTag: seen the stupidity level of you "opinion", i suggest u 2 quickly return on the sidelines u came from ( or sewer,dunno) , otherwise u might be kicked right in ur head ( or ass, it's up 2 u 2 distinguish), in any case , not a flame, just flame yourself:D

you are not alone alessm.. (sounds like michael jackson song :p) i can agree with you..

i can admit plugin devel ppl is working hard as they can.. jabo was/is a great programmer .. he know a lot more i think, than current plugin makers..

but anyways, rice/and the nemu team are doing a good job to n64 emulation lets give em more time to judge...

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
stupidity mother is always pregnant

regarding n64 emulation, i've already expressed my opinion about its situation, pointing how i'm against over-excitement about good, but partially achieved n64 emulation target, being happy anyway with Rice work and everyone else involved in .

On the other hand, just before i could post a definitive F... U addressed 2 LazerTag, which "sit on the sidelines , shoot a couple of STUPID post, then return 2 its garbage" (btw, the only full speed u can reach is in going 2 hell, u f..ing moroon), comes from Superior Kingdom of Stupidity the One , the King, the Only (burp) pj64err(oneally generated gay)!: with sentences like "just ignore the alessmz d00d" and "he been around before, and i guess he hasnt changed" , that patetic idiot , of couse without having MINIMALLY understood the clear meaning of my words, finally show 2 the entire world how deeper can stupidity fall down, so congratulation:
the world greatest FUCK U PERMANENT IDIOT is yours, no question!:D :D :D

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Oh god, alessmz you really f*cking s*ck man.

I think that we never had so much development on the video plugins side and you're complaining ?

icepir8, Rice, Orkin and everyone else who's got a plugin is working his ass off trying to implement new things that we never saw before and you've got the guts to say that these weren't major breakthru's ?

With a f*ckhead like you around, no wonder why those "REAL Core emulation improvements" won't happen.

Anyway, who the f*ck are you to say that an improvement isn't a "MAJOR IMPROVEMENT" ? Do you know if it did take less or much time/work to get working than something else ? No, you don't.

Now get lost.

And DiaBlo6662..

but anyways, rice/and the nemu team are doing a good job to n64 emulation lets give em more time to judge...

Man, you're talking of them like they are some f*cking robots working their ass off for you. And you don't have the right to judge their work, 'cause it's a privilege and not a right to use what they're coding.

/RANT MODE OFF.

Last edited:

Doomulation

I agree. And I think this is going nowhere, too.
And alessmz, get your head out of your ass. If you start insulting members and do idiotic comments you'll get banned.
Yes, I know you'll do a nitty-witty comment on this, too, but i don't care. Start understanding!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
when u r bugging people about the lack of revolutionary changes in terms of compatibility, ask urself the question "how compatible are modern emus/plugins ?" and the only answer is that the majority of games (possibly even 90+%) are almost fully emulated or at least fully playable. ive tested loads and loads of games, at least 60 % of all the games available on the n64, and im tellning u as a fact that most are fully playable. isnt thats wats important as a games player. if u hav the ability to program to the high degree that these authors can then why dont u fix the issues that annoy you urself. i think the past month has shown an unbelievable enhancement to n64 emulation and has proved to many that theres still a lot that can be accomplished in n64 emulation.

"When i speak about IMPORTANT IMPROVEMENTS, i mean a least 3-4 HARD 2 EMULATE games, like the ones i have listed before, in perfect pj fashion ( remember, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark , DK64 , never-before-emulated titles, these ARE REAL IMPROVEMENTS, pj did that, the other emus came LATER) and seen what u have catch as example, if the great Jabo won't took again the control of the situation, we'll be still talking about "wow, lens flare...." for the next 2 years, without REAL core emulation improvements ( that means, if u still haven't understood, NEW and GREAT games emulated, like the ones i have listed ) "

well what games hav not been emulated, its pretty much fair to say that most games that are worth playing are fully playable (lets be honest, the n64 was never full of great games) so stop complaining. u havnt contributed in the slightest to n64 emulation (afaik) , so what gives u the right to put down years and years of hard work and experimentation by a bunch of talented people who are wasting their time releasing software for people like u to complain about. as most things have been emulated to a high degree, it leaves the more difficult, sometimes smaller and less obvious issues to be sorted. just accept it!

Last edited:

Slougi

I completely agree to sk8bloke. Very well said. About the only game I would like to see emulated well that is not is KI Gold. And I have that on the real N64, so no problems there.
And unless there is a quick change of tone here, several people will get a warning.

OP
A

alessmz

Banned
any other "nitty-witty " post?

this must surely be the greatest Submental Idiot contest ever, but now i'm really annoyed by that bunch of >6 years old-brained comments.

Emulation progress means NEW games, not (welcome) fixes on already emulated games. That works for any emu.

Now, since in latest "post" i have been directly offended,whereas i have exposed my opinion without any bad language, lets pay those assholes with the same medicine, starting with that gaypride icon that's Greevy, i just wanna remind him 2 concentrate fucking that old fart asshole his mommy got after her usual night work. The palm for real Son of a Bitch of the Millennium goes however 2 that genetic-anal-ly modified dick that's shit-oomulation, whick superiority comes only in testing the greatest enlarged cocks ever created, the same his mum test for free, FUCK YOU SCREWFUCKER, GO 2 HELL!!!:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Regarding the ban thing, u can find 2 kind of people in the forums, first option are smart guys which understand the real message u want 2 express, also if that means 2 be unpopular amongst the other users and the relative flames and offense u'll get.
Otherwise, if moderator will turn out 2 be more of the same moroons i had 2 "calm-down" ( rightly, not being the first 2 start insulting, see post history of this treads ), well, i'll be the first 2 left such a place.

p.s. Lemmy and Lac get anyway my respect for this release AND for that fantastic Nemu 0.7a release, which enabled 2 play Ridge racer 64, in a moment which the patetic Ultra Hle was the king of n64 hills, something majority of users won't even remind.