What's new

All my pokémon! Gone!

Lord Budweiser

Ebul Overlord
It was a beautiful day back then. I was happy playing Pokémon Stadium 2 on Project64 v 1.6, using Jabo's D3D8 graphic plugin, Jabo's directsound sound plugin, and (obviously) N-Rage's plugin V2 1.83, emulating a transfer pack with a Pokémon Crystal gameboy color rom plugged, with the respective savegame file. It was fun... until then. I didn't know, but future reserved me an awful surprise. You all will soon know (maybe even from another topic, if that is the case, I'm sorry for a repeated thread) what surprise I am referring to. I then decided to stop emulation, configure RSP plugin and uncheck the box "Send Display Lists to Graphics Plugin" just to see what happens, how would the emulator behave, etc. The graphics was at start all messed up, and later the emulator hang. It didn't continue, I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del to finish the process. I did restart the emulator then. And then... how surprised was me. "Save file not found": it was all I could read. I was amazed, and scared: Were the lives of all my dearest pokémon at stake? Only time will tell, and it will be soon, really, because right then I started my GB emulator, and how amazed I was when I saw only "New Game" and "Options" options available. I freaked out. I could not imagine living without Oswaldo, Rogersson, Fredegundo, Geoberto, Geowalsson, Buclyzawra, my beloved members of party team... sniffle. I tried using uneraser software, without succes. Restoring system to previous point, same result. With despair, I realized I had a backup of the battery file, my pokémon were at level 7x, down from 84-83, from the lost file. Quite shockingly, I did not use snapshots... and then, one day later, here I am, complaining, not searching for a possible solution to recover that file (but suggestions are welcome), but thinking: what if it was a blackout, computer failure, not a silly human error consisted of unchecking a box? Is there a failure on the pad plugin? on the emulator? should that plugin/emulator become safer somehow? Only replies to this thread will tell...

Sorry for the long text, but I felt like typing :bouncy:

Miretank

Lurking
I could not imagine living without Oswaldo, Rogersson, Fredegundo, Geoberto, Geowalsson, Buclyzawra, my beloved members of party team... s
Great names lol Geoberto sounds cool ;)

OP
Lord Budweiser

Lord Budweiser

Ebul Overlord
Thanks for the replies, everyone, but v2 1.83 seems to be the most recent version, based on what I saw on emulation64 files sections and on the plugin's official site.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
N-Rage v2.0 isn't official. It wasn't made by the original N-Rage author. Search the board. v2.0 has a lot of improvements over 1.83.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
if the save ram is gone, its gone.

unless, you of course have used quick saves with the emulator you use to play the GBA roms, then simply loading that will revert the save file.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Budweiser, you are the man. XD

I have no idea how you might recover that data, besides what you tried yourself.